1

Who would think that Steve 'The Hair' Harrington would be reading Lord Of The Rings in Eddie 'The Freak' Munson's motel room? Well, Dustin kind of pushed it to happen. At least that's what Steve was telling himself, he would never admit that he was growing jealous of the nerdy bond between Dustin and Eddie. Embarrassingly, Dustin was Steve's best friend, even if he did end up babysitting the younger boy a lot of the time. 

The three boys had just finished hanging out, they were talking about Lord of the Rings, and reading it. Dustin had just left to head home, leaving Steve and Eddie alone in his room. 

Steve sat on Eddie's floor, looking through the book again as the freak himself sat on his couch watching Steve in silence when he finally looked up and spoke. "So..Is Arwen , am I saying that right? Is she the one your supposed....supposed to like in the book?" Steve moved to better look up at Eddie, who had a little smile on his face. "Sorry, Harrington. I don't quite follow, what do you mean?" He asked, playing with his hair slightly. 

Steve nodded slightly, "You know, there's.. There's a girl in every book that, like. She's the cute one, the one you're supposed to like?" He asked again, hoping that he made it clearer  to Eddie. 

Eddie took a moment to think, before answering, "Disregarding how weirdly you said that" He side eyed Steve slightly before continuing, "I'm pretty sure that's not in every book" Eddie chuckled, "Er, I guess. I don't exactly subscribe to that kind of eye candy" 

Steve cocked his head towards Eddie, "What? What do you... So she's not your type, or whatever?" He looked around the room. Eddie chuckled, "No, Steve. She's not my type" 

Again, Steve looked at Eddie with confusion on his face, "What was that? Now you're saying shit weird!" "Just" Eddie shook his head, "Just shut up and read the book dude" He lightly pushed Steve's head down into the book, chuckling to himself. Shaking his head, Steve continued to read, muttering to himself, "Yeah okay Munson"