Chapter Five

"Val...?"

Her voice sounded distraught, and I couldn't help but sit straighter on the couch. "Sid? What's wrong?" I asked. "They made a god damn movie..." 

"What?" I asked unsure if I had heard her correctly. "Yeah! I'm Tori Spelling, you're Jennifer Aniston, Tatum's Alicia Silverstone, Billy's Luke Wilson, they have everyone!" I couldn't speak. This was a new level of disgust. "They didn't even email me or reach out in any way to talk about the decision or give my input! But they did give me a script!" She began rambling, letting all of her emotions out. "And guess what! They made Billy and Stu the killers!" 

My heart sunk. "What? But they didn't do that shit..." I ran a hand through my hair trying to calm my nerves. "I know! It's so fucking pathetic! The fact that they will have people go back and question what actually happened is disturbing." I nodded. 

"Hey... I got to let you go" and tell Billy and Stu, "Yeah, of course, sorry if I bugged you, you just deserved to know," I know, and I'm glad you told me. "No worries didn't bug me at all, I just have to start lunch," I said with a slight laugh. We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. 

That was for the majority, true, we did have to get lunch ready, but I really wanted to get off to tell the boys the news. 

I made my way upstairs, and to Billy's room first. His was closest to the stairs, almost as if guarding it. I knocked lightly, on the door. "Come in," He was laying in bed watching a horror movie. "Hey, what's up?" He asked. I twiddled my fingers trying to find out how to get what I was thinking out. "It's a movie?" His eyebrows furrowed. "What's a movie?" 

"The Woodsboro Massacre..." His eyes widened a bit before laughing. I was taken aback by his action. "They loved our work that much?" He glanced up at me to see if I was agreeing with him. "They have you and Stu as the killers... Sidney got a script, and is freaking out about it."

He hummed contently. "Well, we can't be tried for that anymore... Double jeopardy..." but what he didn't realize is that he could be charged for Neil. "Yeah, I guess... I'm gonna go find Stu," I left the room seeing that he had no concern whatsoever, and believed he was in the clear. I repeated the process I had with Billy and knocked on Stu's door.

Inside, he had a bunch of polaroids with thumbtacks in them scattered across his bed. My polaroids. "Hey," I spoke eyeing the photos. "Hey!" He spoke cheerfully as ever. "Hope you don't mind, I brought these from home."

I shook my head. "No of course not," He smiled and got back to sorting them. I stood behind him and hugged him as he worked. "It's a movie," He turned his head to mine meeting my eyes at his shoulder. "What?" He asked confused about what I was talking about. "The massacre, they are making it into a movie, and you and Billy are the killers..." Stu smiled. "Well isn't that great?" I couldn't tell if he was joking or not so I stayed silent. 

"Here," The brunette spoke pulling me into his lap. "Want to look through them?" I nodded. "Yeah, sure," He leaned forward messing up his own layout of photos, and shuffled them. "Do you remember this one?" Stu asked picking up the one on top. The only face in the photo was mine, Tatum's had been crossed out. "Yeah," I laughed. I sat in a grocery cart while Tatum stood holding herself up on the back of it as we glided through the aisles. 

"She rammed you into a freezer didn't she?" I nodded letting out an obnoxious laugh. "Yes, only after she ran straight into you!" 

Stu giggled and kissed my cheek. A knock came from his door again causing our heads to turn that way. Stu let Billy come in, who eyed the two of us. "I'm heading off to work, you two behave yourself," He pointed a finger at us. "I am potty trained, don't worry, Stu on the other hand," I held my hand up shaking it side to side. He let out a fake gasp and brought a hand to his heart. "I am offended!" I rolled my eyes. "Oh fuck off, Stu," Billy smiled at the two of us. "Seriously though, I'm heading out."

He gave me a kiss and Stu a pat on the back before officially making his way out of the cabin. 

Stu and I sat there the rest of the night, making jokes, re-telling the stories on the polaroids before officially hanging them up on his wall. It was weird only having my face in them, but we made do. 

"Y'know... The only reason I'm in this whole mess is because of these photos..." I turned my head to face him. "What do you mean?" He shrugged. "Billy found them in my closet, and threatened to tell you..." His eyes softened. "And I couldn't lose you... Yeah, I felt awful about Tatum, but you," Stu turned to look at me. 

"You meant everything to me."