09

not proofread

x--> #abouttime !¡

x--> #abouttime

"[name], please tell me." he repeated, hesitantly cupping the girl's face to make her face him.

"me." she said, finally looking at him in the eyes.

this made aether let go of her due to being shocked.

"you?"

"yes, it's my fault." her tone of voice was so different from how she used to talk.

it was as if her energy was drained from her.

"my fault for being too late,"

"my fault for being a coward all this time." tears were once again, escaping from her eyes.

"[name], i don't understand-"

"like i said, it's all my fault, don't worry." she smiled regretfully.

"i've always liked you. but i've always denied it too." these words made aether's eyes widen,

"i was so scared of rejection--of losing everything--losing you."

"but i guess i've actually lost you, huh?" she chuckled, covering her eyes using her arm.

"[name] i-"

"you don't have to feel pity towards me. be happy. be happy with the one you love." she smiled, looking at him once again.

"it's such a shame it's not me though."

"but i'm happy as long as you're happy, aether."

"afterall, you are my childhood friend."

"i'm supposed to be here to support you and be happy for you no matter what." she concluded, giving the boy a bittersweet smile.

"but [name], please, listen to me."

"you're the one i love."

"you're the reason i smile everyday."

"you're the reason why i strive to be better."

now, it was [name]'s turn to be shocked.

'he feels the same..?'

09 20 22

kemita's notes !
this is the last chapter y'all. unless...

 unless