Chapter 2

*Emily's POV*

~~~

I pull into an almost empty motel parking lot, before wiping the dried up mascara that had ran down my face over the past hour. The sign reads there is vacancies so I decide to walk in to request a room.

I walk into a nicely furnished motel lobby, to my left was the front desk where a nice older man sat, and to my right was a small couch with medium plants on either side. I walk up to the man who looks up from his book and smiles at me. He closes his book and pulls his reading glasses off his face.

"How may I help you Miss?" His voice offers comfort and a cool rush of safety. He stands up and places his hands on the desk top. "Would you happen to have any one bed rooms available? Nonsmoking?" I ask half-heartedly.

"You mean to tell me a pretty lady like you is traveling alone? At this hour?" He smiles and laughs a little to lighten the mood. "Of course Dear, do you have a preference of floor? Indoor or outdoor room?" He continues to smile and slides a pamphlet to the edge of the desk with all of the room options. I take the pamphlet and open it to see rooms of all variety. Some with Jacuzzis, some with walk in showers, some with huge beds and others with the bare minimum. I close the booklet and hand it back to him.

"The one with the walk in shower please." I smile as he looks down and types it in on his computer, he glances up at me a few times before continuing to type on the computer. "Is something wrong sir?" I ask, scared that maybe something had went wrong. He shakes his head and smiles at me.

"No Dear, just wanted to make sure you were over 21, and not some teenage runaway. You'd never believe how often we get those." He chuckles and hands me a room key. "Room 273, if you need anything sweetheart just call down here. I'll take care of anything you may need." He grabs my hand and pats it as if he was my own grandfather. I smile and pick up my bag.

"Thank you so much, it means a lot." I walk down the hall and step into the elevator. I push the second floor button and before I know it the doors are opening. I step out and head towards the right, where my room will be. I round a corner and a woman is walking out of a room, very quietly. She turns and jumps, not expecting me to be right there. She finishes shutting the door and walks past me.

"I didn't see you there, sorry I jumped." She giggles and continues to walk towards the elevator I just came from. I watch her walk until she rounds the corner and I can't see her anymore. I turn back around and continue on my route. I look at the numbers on the wall and see I have to go left. I look at the room numbers next to the doors. 270... 271... 272... 273. I sigh and walk into the room.

I turn on the light and see a lovely room. A couch with a cute coffee table ahead of it and a flat screen hung from the wall. I continue forward to French doors and push them slowly. It opens up to the bathroom with a huge counter and mirror, and a glass walk in shower to the left of me. I walk a few more steps where a huge bed with nicely tucked sheets and blanket is, and a beautiful TV with a background of the beach filling the screen. I sigh, I just can't wait to be home. I walk back to the front door, and lock it, then shut the French doors before locking them as well. I put my bag on the bed and take out my hair brush, tooth brush and my clothes for the next day. I take the rest of my bag and place it in the closet. I get undressed and pull myself into bed, I turn on the TV and decide to text my mom to let her know I am coming.

- To: Mommy

Hey Ma, I know it's late. Before you start worrying you don't have to. I'll be there in the morning, I'm currently at a motel right off of 38 and I'm safe. Darryn and I are over, for good this time. Don't worry though, I won't be all in your way very long, I just need a few weeks to get my own place. Love you!