Preview of: Why Me?

"Alright it's getting late, let's head home." He says and the three nod. "Can we come back tomorrow?" Tikuya asks. "Sure thing, you guys can head with mom though. I have work tomorrow." He says and Yo frowned a bit desiring more time with his father. He goes over to the car and they all get in.

As Hisashi drove he told the kids all types of things they could do over the summer together while he and Inko were covering each other's shift at work. Yo loved it. He loved all of the plans and ideas his father had in mind and so did Tikuya and Izuku. They cheered in the backseat and when they arrived home...the door had been left open. The windows were cracked and the front yard was disheveled. "Kids....stay in the car." Hisashi says shakily and Yo looked frightened. Even though the two were young, they knew something was wrong. Hisashi left and went inside the house as the kids stayed behind. Yo was crying, he knew his mother had to still be at work but that didn't make it okay, the home they lived and treasured was burgled and wretched.

Hisashi carefully stepped into the home and saw the place barren. All that was left were the pictures of the family and wedding pictures. The furnishings were gone, the tv was gone but most sinister of all...he saw blood trailing to the kitchen. Inko had to have arrived home early. He whispered afraid. "Inko? Inko? Dear God...INKO?!" He roared when he saw his insensate wife on the floor blanketed in blood. He grasped hand towels and dish rags, trying to tie her wounds to stop the bleeding. He shakily held his wife in his arms weeping. "Oh god, Inko don't leave me. Don't leave me like this. I love you Inko I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left you. I could've stayed...k-kept you safe." He sobbed.

Book: Why Me?

Where to find it: AO3 | My username is Katsukiisthebest