Chapter - I

How?!
How did she again fall into that dent, that kept her down in the past?

What, did she need any distraction?
Yes, Maybe.

That's why Eva found herself kissing Jonas, right now at Sana's Eid Party.

What?!

What did she think?
What did she thought about his statement on her bed?

She did gave a spicy truth on his face then, which she did mean too.
But, what was this pain now?! That she wanted to be ease up.
Fade away.
Like it never existed.

Her heart was in a twist.
Her guts were burning.
Her eyes were clouding.

Did her heart really rooted for what he proposed then?

Maybe, yes.

That's why she wasn't able to look at him, when he had his lips attached to someone else.

Eva's skin became warm out of jealousy, which she didn't knew ever existed that it would arise if Chris would be with anyone else. They weren't together. They were just friends with benefits, and it was even between them. Clear like water, without any impurity. Than why was she feeling this.

" You thought he would be with you?! ", said Jonas, caressing her cheek with his thumb.

Eva's breaths were laboured. Her mind was telling her to think straight, despite of the thoughts that caused hurricane inside her pit.

She roamed her eyes around, and found Noora and her other friends exchanging greetings. Even and Isak were bit far away laughing with Eskild, and Sana.

Then her eyes met with Jonas' and she realised her mistake. One she was going to do again. Repeating the past wasn't now in Eva's mindset.

She had decided to change her habits, and bring her academic score on track. And right now, the thing she was doing could break her to pieces.

" I can't do this. "

" Eva?! " His bushy eyebrows were up in his forehead.

Not replying to Jonas, Eva stepped back. " Goodbye, Jonas. "

She headed straight towards Noora.

" I am going home. ", said Eva looking into Noora's eyes.

She knew Noora would understand and won't ask further. And party was coming to an end, so their was no space that she needed any excuses any further.

And yes Noora did saw her state, she glanced at Chris who was now talking to Emma, while her hands were rested on his shoulders.

" As you wish Eva. You need a lift? Should we drop you?! ", concern was written on Noora's face, she looked at William and he nodded.

" No. I will walk. ", said Eva, shaking her head.

" Are you sure? "

" Yes. " With that said, she walked out, waving Sana goodbye with a best possible smile she could conjure.

Looking down she walked on the metalled road aside the main lines, concentrating her mind hard, on her steps. She didn't wanted to recall any of the moments related to Chris. Every time she would close her eyes, she would get a picture of him and Emma kissing. Her paranoid brain wasn't letting her feel at ease. But it wasn't like it was in her control to be oblivious to whatever her brain sprouted. She wanted to feel numb bit her heart was pounding with hurt and she could take only so much pain.

Subconsciously, finding her way home she opened her main door and slammed it shut. Not carrying about anything in darkness, she just followed her habituated path towards basement.