Chapter 2

Scrubbing a towel through his hair, John left the bathroom and started heading to his room, ready to hopefully face his math homework. 

While he had gotten better during his time off, Trigonometry was still a never ending hassle to deal with and it was far from being his best subject. It didn't help that his teacher spoke like her tongue was running a marathon. 

But, John had just grown used to listening to her rush through her lessons and studied with Sera later to make up for gaps in what he didn't know. Unfortunately though, said girl was busy with Spectre all throughout the day and wouldn't get back till quite late at night. So, John would have to brave this on his own.

Just as he was heading to his room though, the door to the dorm slammed open and quickly closed shut, Blyke pressing his back to the wood while looking like he had seen a ghost.

John met the other males gaze and raised an eyebrow. "What kind of sh*t did you get yourself into this time and is it something I should be worried about?" Normally he wouldn't care about something as trivial as this, but with everything that was going on lately, he had to be cautious on even the smallest of issues.

...and maybe he was trying to stall starting that 30 question worksheet they got assigned, sue him.

Blyke only huffed, finally breathing for the first time since he walked in. His voice was winded and quiet as he spoke though. "If Remi comes here and asks where I am, tell her I'm somewhere far, far away from here...!"

There was the question of 'why?' lingering on John's lips, but three loud bangs sounded and Blyke scrambled away from the door, back pressed to the other wall as he looked like a man about to die.

"BLYKE! GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE!"

Already, John could feel the static thrumming through the air even without his passive to which, he saw Remi's aura flaring to life on the other side.

Glancing over, the redhead looked almost pitiful as he quaked in his shoes.

With a sigh, he waved Blyke to the side and away from view as he opened the door a crack. "Can I help you?"

The short and sparky pinkette looked ready to commit crimes (well, more than she already had) as she looked to John. Her expression softened a bit when she realized it wasn't the teen she was after. 

"John. Sorry to bother you, but have you seen Blyke? I have something I need to discuss with him."

"Does whatever you need to talk to him about involve breaking doors down?"

Remi rolled her eyes in a playful manner. Though John could see her aura simmer a bit. "Ha ha, very funny. But no, this is a more personal matter."

Risking a glance to the side, he saw Blyke go pale and break out into a cold sweat before looking back. He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. "What did the hot head do to incur your wrath?"

The girl huffed, cheeks puffing out and almost looking all the more like a toddler as she stomped her foot. A burst of lighting sparked around her shoes with the action. "That cherry headed jerk thought it would be funny to try and steal my dessert we got on the way back from the diner we stopped by! I was going to save it for later and then while my back is turned for two seconds, he's already trying to steal it away from me! Then to make matters worse, when I'm trying to get it back and he's holding it above our heads, a seagull comes by and snatches it from his hands!"

John bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from laughing but he couldn't help a small snicker. He could only imagine Remi trying to manhandle Blyke holding her confections only to have victory snatched from her by the maw of a seagull.