VI.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

6. pandemic

ˋ°•*⁀➷

"...10,000 miles my own true love..."

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Punz stared at the news in heartbreak. There it was again, fate making fun of them. Keeping them apart.

The world against them again. He felt that no matter how hard he tried, there will always be something to stop them from meeting.

Dream tried to explain to him that maybe it just wasn't time. But Punz felt as though, time wasn't the problem here. It was the damn fate and the world.

As the news played on the tv, he just knew if she hasn't heard it yet, he would have to tell her what would happen.

That he'd have to break it to her again. And he didn't want to do that again, break her heart, break another promise. He hated it, hearing her sleep talk when he was editing a video or filming a recording with Dream. It broke his heart when she muttered how much she wanted to see him. How she cried out for him.

And as if feeling how much he was thinking of her, his phone rang. Answering it slowly, "Hey baby..." he whispered. The nickname sticking from the first time he said it that day at the hospital.

"Hi..." she whispered back. He could already hear it, her sadness. He sighed, "So I'm guessing you've seen it huh?" he asked carefully.

"Yeah." She simply answered. Punz leaned on his couch as shuffling was heard on her end, "This fucking sucks." She said. He chuckled, "That indeed is correct." He agreed.

Cassandra huffed, "Punz..." she trailed. He hummed as he turned off his tv. "Why does the world hate us?" she asked.

The question took him by surprise, "Huh? What do you mean?" he asked. Cassie sighed, "Why do you think the world can't just leave us alone so I can see you?" she asked.

He frowned at her words. "Like, all I want is to see you. Finally hug you and braid your hair. Cook suman with you and fall asleep next to you. I just want to be with you. Is that too much to ask?" she rambled.

Punz sat there in shock. Her words engraving themselves both in his heart and mind. And despite the disappointment, his stomach did flips at her words.

"I just want to see you Punz." She whispered. He sighed, "I want to see you too Cassie." He said.

Silence on both lines, not really knowing what to say next. Punz didn't know whether or not Cass heard what she said.

Did she mean it just like that or was there some underlying meaning there? Did she feel-

"You better get to bed Punz..." she said with a sigh. He shook his head, "But I'm talking to you-" "And I'll answer your call later. It's getting late for you, you still have a stream with the boys tomorrow." She reminded him.

Punz groaned but obliged, "Fine. But I'll call you the first thing I wake up." He said as he walked to his room. This made Cassandra chuckle, "Okay clingy. Good night." "Good morning Cassie."