iii. the diamond

THE DIAMOND
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE DIAMOND▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝑭𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆

Sebastian Del Marco

𝑨𝒈𝒆 & 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓

18 & Senior

𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓

Male

𝑺𝒆𝒙𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚

Heterosexual

𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

Miguel Bernardeau

𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚: there are people out there who are pretty two-faced, and sebastian is among them

𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚: there are people out there who are pretty two-faced, and sebastian is among them. or perhaps he's the worst of them. he can be sweet one moment, and ice cold the next. his allegiance to others has always been questionable, and he's more than a little vocal about it. to be frank, he's all for telling the truth, especially if it means he can get his kicks out of it. but that's where the problem lies, or what people think is the problem. how can he be so two-faced, and yet so truthful? the thing is, people have a tendency to avoid the truth if they think it hurts. if they think it could damage the image of the world that they have, they turn away from it. that is how sebastian does it, he tells the truth, but the most important facts come only when they really want.

life has always been interesting for sebastian because of this. the world was his stage, and he was the greatest player. people expected much from him, and got enough that they could look past the fact that they could be betrayed by him at the drop of a dime. they looked past whatever indiscretion he did because it wasn't the truth they wanted. his mother, even, tended to dote on him and praise him for things he never did just because it was the image of her son that she wanted to see. he didn't mind this, though it kind of hurt. i might have stung that she needed to lie to herself to love him the way she does. His father was barely around for him to even know what the man thought, and thus was of no consequence to him.

sebastian supposes that his honesty is what has him so admired in the athletic world. he concedes defeat graciously, and accepts victory humbly. sure, he's got a big mouth and his emotions are in their truest, purest forms at all times. but, that doesn't really mix with sports. He doesn't understand why the things he does can never seem to go wrong on the court. it is like he can be forgiven once he has that ball or racket in his hand. tennis, the responsibility rides solely on him, but with basketball or swimming, it's a team effort. he has to get along with those people, or face inevitable defeat. and it seems like he could never get along with them, but his teammates seem to love that two-sided part of him. maybe it's the adrenaline going straight to their heads, or maybe they've got a screw loose, but he loves it. and which is why he loves to play.

𝑩𝒊𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒉𝒚: sebastian was trust fund kid born and raised in spain to his abusive father and preoccupied mother. his father was the owner of a major tech company in europe, allowing him and his mother to live easy and simple lives. his passion was sports - sports of any kind. swimming or basketball, tennis or volleyball, — anything that would take his mind off of the awful reality that was a his life. that and his relationship with his best friends were his outlets, the way he could escape his family life and relax. when he was 14, his mother cheated on his father. his father found out due to her pregnancy with sebastian's much younger half sister, and threw her out of the house. his relationship with his father after that incident was very strained and because they struggled to get along well, his father shipped him of across the world to constance billard to attend school. the man his mother had been sleeping with was also married during their affair, and he refused to leave his wife for her. since his mother didn't come from money (sebastian got all of his money from his father) and had become a lady of leisure during her marriage, she had nothing to fall back on. sebastian has secretly been sending her and his sister money his dad gives him for school ever since to help out with expenses.

𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔:

1) sebastian gets a generous allowance from his father to take care of his desires for the school year. however, a major portion of that money goes to his mother and her daughter back in spain where she lives.

2) he has a family of surprising size, though his father claims to only have one child. how is this? before he met sebastian's mother he had several other children! of course, he wasn't about to give away money, so the family secret is there are a whole lot of sebastian's older half-siblings running around under different last names. releasing that secret would put a relatively large impediment on the image and wealthy of the delmarco family.