➳ Chapter 8: Party!

It was the next day, you were done with a mission with Yoru, Viper, and Phoenix as you were feeling tired and drowsy. You sighed as you plopped on the couch, slouching lazily as you let your body sink into the cushion. As you were resting, you were disturbed by a sudden burst of noise from KillJoy as she practically started to shake your shoulders aggressively, making you snap from your hazy state as you spoke up.

"W-what is it- Hey stop!" You said, trying to stop her from making you dizzier.

"Oops, sorry! But... guess what, C/N?" KilllJoy said with a bright smile on her face.

"What is it?" You questioned.

"We're gonna have a party tonight!" She responded with a cheer.

You blinked a couple of times at her, processing what came out of her mouth as you said back, "Wait, are you serious? Did you even ask Brimstone about this whole thing?!" You said in a shocked tone. KillJoy nodded as she replied, "Yep! I begged him for hours and guess what? He gave up!" She said joyfully, basically jumping up and down from excitement. You chuckled, you never had any experience with any parties as you smiled mentally, it was going to be your first party in your life. 

KillJoy started to discuss her plans for the party, showing you the activities that would be done at the party as you listened attentively. As she was explaining, your gaze turned away from her as you spotted Skye and Yoru sitting next to each other, seemingly having a conversation. You furrowed your eyebrows as you glared at Skye, a sudden feeling of envy rushed in. 

"Ugh, seriously?" You thought to yourself for a moment. Suddenly, you realized that familiar feeling of jealousy happened again. You felt terrible as you were on good terms with Skye and you considered her as a friend, but you can't help but feel a little resentment towards her whenever you see her and Yoru close. The words that Sage told you came to you in your mind as you thought to yourself, thinking about what Sage said to you could be true.

As you were thinking, you never realized you got distracted as KillJoy was saying your name constantly, each time making her voice louder. "C/N? C/N! Hellllooooooo?" KillJoy called out, you snapped out from your thoughts as you looked back at her. "Huh? Oh gosh, I am so sorry! I got erm..." You replied to her, you paused as you thought for a second for the right word. KillJoy grinned as she spoke up, "You got distracted? Yeah, I can tell," KillJoy then nudged you with her elbow as she pointed to the two agents talking to each other. Your eyes widened in fright as you quickly turned to her, "W-what are you talking about! It isn't about that," You lied, your response didn't stop the cheery girl from pushing the topic as she replied, "You sure you aren't jealous of Skyeeeeeeee?" She cooed out, earning a scowl from you as you responded frantically, "N-No! Hell no, I don't know what you are talking about," You denied.

Abruptly, you hear a familiar voice joined in, making you and KillJoy turn your attention towards it. 

"Hey girls, I heard my name, what's the occasion?" Skye said curiously.

"Oh, hey Skye. Me and C/N were just uh... talking about things, like... things!" KillJoy stammered, earning you to roll your eyes.

"Honestly, it isn't something for you to worry about," You said.

"Oh, alright then, I'll be helping with finishing up the party," Skye replied.

"Ah, I'm helping too! I guess I'll come, Ja?" KillJoy said.

Skye nodded as the two girls begin walking out of the area, without forgetting to say goodbye to you of course. As they both walked out, you headed your way to Yoru as you greeted him with a smile, "Hey, Yoru!" You said. Yoru looks up to you as he replies, "Yo," Yoru says with a smile, resting his right arm on the top rail of the chair, gesturing you to sit as you complied. You sit down next to him as you spoke up, "Have you heard there's gonna be a party tonight?" Yoru sighed as he replied, "Yep, I'm tired as hell though so I just might be there for the food." You chuckled, "KillJoy said there's gonna be some disco and a dance floor," You mentioned, earning a disappointed huff from the riftwalker before responding, "Ugh, she isn't up to no good," Yoru said, feeling aggrieved. You then reassured him as you patted him on the shoulder, "I'm sure it's gonna be fine," You said, making Yoru avert his gaze from you as he tries to hide his flushed cheeks away from you. You tilted your head in confusion as you questioned him, "Hey Yoru, are you okay?" You said, concerned for him as he replied, turning his gaze back to you, "Y-yeah, I'm fine," He stammers.

~~~

It was already nighttime as the party started, you laughed as the agents of the protocol were having a lot of fun at the party, many of them were dancing meanwhile some were playing video games. You watched as your mind just relaxed, without having a care in the world as you almost forget you're an agent who takes chances with their life in every mission. 

You chuckled at Yoru and Phoenix, the two agents battling using controllers, and a television They grunted and groaned from the intense want of winning the game, focused on the game as you smiled from behind. As they played, Yoru huffed as Phoenix won the game. The fire agent teased Yoru as he sighed.

"OOOOOHHHH! I WON! BEAT THAT YORU!" Phoenix shouted as he pointed at him.

"Yeah yeah, shut up," Yoru said.

"Yoru, you're sounding like a kid right now," You commented.

"S-SHUT UP!" Yoru practically shouted.

You giggled, "Want me to beat Phoenix for you?" you said with a smirk.

"Tch, whatever," Yoru said, he stands up and puts the controller on the empty seat. He walks away from you and Phoenix as he heads over to wait for the food to be finished and served. You sat down in the empty seat and you then smirked at Phoenix, earning a grin from him back. "You ready to get your ass beaten?" You say as he replies confidently, "I don't think that will happen to me, it'll probably happen to you though." The challenge starts as you begin to press the buttons on the controller as you started to fight him in the game.

It didn't take long for Phoenix to beat you as you groaned in defeat, Phoenix teases and you rolled your eyes at him. A familiar voice joined in, a cocky tone then spoke up, "Well, don't you suck?" Yoru says as he crossed his arms at you. You gazed at him with furrowed eyebrows as you replied, "You lost too, Yoru" you mentioned. Before Yoru could say anything back to you, Sage shouts as she announces, "Everybody, food is ready!" she says.

You stood up from your seat as you, Yoru and Phoenix headed towards the dining table as well as the rest of the agents. Immediately, everybody dug in as they got lots of plates of food. You placed some food on your plate as you nudged at Yoru, gesturing for him to have a seat with you as you two can eat together. He nods as the both of you headed towards two chairs, sitting down and beginning to eat while chatting possibly anything. 

You quickly finished your food as you sighed, "Sage makes good food," you commented. Yoru nods as he responds, "No shit, this shit is really good," he says, still eating a mouthful of food, earning a giggle from you. Abruptly, a sudden tap was on your shoulder as you turned to look to see Jett and KillJoy smiling at you. "Hey C/N, wanna come and party with us?" KillJoy asks, you looked back at Yoru as he shrugs, letting you allow yourself to hang out with the two agents. You stood as you replied back to the cheery agent, "Sure, let's go!" You all giggled as you, Jett and KillJoy headed to the dance floor and begin to enjoy, laughing and feeling joyful as you danced with them.

As you danced and moved freely, you spotted Yoru leave the area, your shoulders dropped as it made you completely concerned. You then turned to KillJoy and Jett, "Hey guys, I'll be back in a second," you said. The two stopped dancing as they nodded their heads, "Alright, be sure to come back!" Jett says, you smiled as you ran towards your way out of the area. 

In the hallway, you found the riftwalker walking in a direction as you raised an eyebrow. Curious, you decided to follow behind him slyly, making sure to keep your distance as you successfully followed him without getting caught. 

I wonder what he could be up to?