2

"Aziraphale?" Crowley called gently as he entered Eden's bedroom. "I brought you something to eat…" 

Aziraphale was at Eden's bedside dabbing her forehead with a damp cloth. She didn't have a fever, thank Someone but Eden had told him that it relaxed her….

But Aziraphale was mainly doing it because he felt useless and helpless.

"Angel…" Crowley said softly as he set the plate down. "You really need to eat something…" Crowley placed a hand on his husband's shoulder.

"Crowley I can't…" Aziraphale rasped.

"Can't what angel?" 

"The scar on her cheek…it won't go away….I've tried casting a miracle to make it fade away…but it won't…." Aziraphale’s voice cracked. 

"When did you try this?" Crowley choked out, he felt his heart break at the sight of Aziraphale overwhelmed with so much grief. 

"A couple of days ago…"

"Right, when you stopped eating." Crowley forced his voice to sound calm. "I want you to eat the breakfast I brought you. And once you've eaten and rested for a bit then we'll try again and see if the scar can be warded away."

Aziraphale stared at the food blankly. "It's not fair." He murmured. "Eden can't even eat proper food…who knows when she will again…."

Crowley fought down the lump in his throat. "She will soon angel, Bella says her stomach is healing as it should and hopefully she can start to eat soft foods. That'll be a start."

When Aziraphale made no attempt to eat Crowley continued. "You need your strength angel. So does Eden and me. Please eat something…" 

Crowley sighed in relief when a look of determination,  the look he loved so much returned to Aziraphale’s face and he finally began to eat.