Chapter One: Realization

Author: This is my first ever fanfiction let alone story made by me, I hope u like it! Send suggestions to me if u want!

~Mao POV~

I sighed as I went outside of my house. I had to wake up Ritsu like any other day. Once I walked into Ritsu's house I walked straight towards his room. I knocked, and then went inside. "Hey Ritsu, wake up! You're gonna be late if you don't get up!"

I said while shaking him. "Ritsu, come on! You can sleep later but at least get to school on time!" He really isn't gonna get up, is he?

"Mmm... Mao..? 5 more minutes please..." Ritsu said while drowsing off. "Ritsu if you don't get up now you're gonna be late in 7 minutes!" I exclaimed. "It doesn't matter... come here please..." He said tiredly.

I started to walk over to him and when I was right next to him he pulled me in for a hug. I fell down and as I tried to get up his grip tightened. After a couple seconds I realized our faces were really close together. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as they turned bright red. "Ritsu, come on, we have to go to school...." I said flustered.

"Do we have to? I just wanna stay here in bed all day though.." He said as he started to wake up.

"Yes! Hurry please!" I said, making my face even redder. Our faces were so close, one push could make us kiss. I blushed at the slight thought of it ever happening. "Ritsu please can you let me go..?" I said while my cheeks were burning. "Fine... Just this once.. I'll let you go for now." He said right before I hurriedly ran out of the room. What was Ritsu doing that made me feel like this? I.. Whatever!! I'll think about this later! I have to get to school! I thought about this the whole entire way to school while my cheeks were red.

~Ritsu POV~

I sighed as I slowly got out of bed. Why did I have to get up... I'm so tired. But I suppose I'll get to school as fast as possible for Maa-kun.

I got up and changed into my Yumenosaki uniform and brushed my hair and teeth. I got a piece of toast and put on my shoes then left. I started walking to school at a slow but fast enough pace to get me there on time.

~At Yumenosaki Academy~

Right before my teacher called my name I opened the door to the class. I had made it just in time. "Ritsu Sakuma, present?" My teacher said right before I shouted "Here!" Everyone in the class turned their heads to me including the teacher. "Right on time, please take a seat." I nodded right before sitting down on my chair.

The only thing I thought about throughout the lesson was Maa-kun.

~Lunch Break~

As the bell rang signaling it was lunch break, I went to go find Maa-kun. I went around almost everywhere and the last place I haven't checked was the library. I started running towards the library right when I saw a tint of Magenta-Crimson hair in the corner of my eye. I ran towards the color I saw as it started speed walking away.

"Maa-kun... Come back.. I wanna ask you something.." I said to the figure as it slowed down. "Ritsu.. Hey.. Uh.. What's the question you wanted to ask..?" He said as he scratched the back of his neck. "Why have you been avoiding me all day.... Are you mad at me...?" I said while pouting. It was so obvious I was faking but somehow he fell for it. "Ritsu, I haven't been avoiding you on purpose, It's just that I uh.. have a lot of things on my mind right now..!" Mao said.

"What.. What do you have on your mind right now then..?" I said taking a step forward towards him. He took a step back and then I took another step towards him. We did that back and forth until he reached the wall. His face was incredibly red right now.

I pinned him to the wall asking him again. "What. Is. On. Your. Mind. Right. Now..?"

I asked again having my knee in between his legs and my arms on each side of his head. Answering nervously, he said, "Uhm... Student Council Business!!" Lowering his head down.

I used my finger to lift up his chin making him look at me. "Are you sure..?" I said with a smirk. "Y-yes! I'm 100% sure..! I swear!" After he said that I stopped pinning him to the wall and said, "Okay.. If you lied your gonna regret it.. The knights have practice today... so I have to go. See you.." I said starting to walk off. He looks so cute when he's flustered. "B-bye! See you later!" He yelled.

~After School~

~Mao POV~

What just happened..? I... What.. I thought as heat rose to my cheeks. Did he do that all because of a simple question..? Still having red cheeks, I went to the bathroom to wash my face in cold water.

I sighed. I can't believe that actually happened to me. Well, I better hurry. Trickstar has practice soon so I better get going. I thought, still flustered remembering the way he pinned me to the wall.

Throughout the whole practice Ritsu was the only thing I could think about. I don't know what was happening to me, cause even the other Trickstar members caught on too. I told them what happened and they all went crazy over it. They gave me tons of advice as well just in case. But I'm not even so sure that I like him romantically..

When I really think about it.. I've known him for a long time.. So this is normal... right? He was my childhood best friend after all. But, lately he's gotten more... I don't know, touchy..? He's been clinging onto me a lot more than usual. And I get so nervous around him.

I think... I think I do like him romantically..!

~End of chapter one~

Please tell me if you enjoyed this and want another chapter!