Chapter 1: Reminisce

This is a warning for those who wanted to read this story.

I am a novice on this aspect.

As this is my first story, there are certain a lot of errors or info dumps may occur in the incoming chapters. Please bear with it. Rest assured, I will constantly improving my approach on this story. If not, so be it, I can't really force you to read this. 

Regarding the update schedule, there is none to be honest. After all, this was made out of my curiosity and boredom. I'll upload when I can.

***

Past midnight, Newcastle Hospital, middle-area, London City.

He held a record of his diagnosis as he sat quietly in his wheelchair and went to the balcony in front. Upon arriving, he was welcomed by fresh air. He pushed himself to the side of the rail and looked at the bustling city below. There are a lot of civilians walking in the alleys. A large number of vendors are selling their wares. Mesmerizing city lights filled his sight making the night serenity. Although he wanted to appreciate the scenery, he could not. He looked sullenly at the dark sky with helplessness, frustration, and regret.

'If not for this illness, I could at least fight back properly' He clenched his fist. His eyes raged.

'How did those bastards know it?' He was skeptical on the inside. For some reason, someone tracked his location in his worst possible situation.

'The informant? No, that's against their rules. Then who? ' As a god-veteran player in the game and cautious by nature in real life, he always erased all the possible tracks he left. Wherever he went on a mission, if not erasing, at least hiding his trails.

'It can't be him' He grimly gritted his teeth. Unexpectedly, he heavily coughed out blood. Lucas's current demeanor was a pitiful one. His body was covered in bandages everywhere. His complexion was pale and cold, making one suspect it was a dead body if he weren't moving.

Finally, lamenting was all he had. Even if he wanted to pay them revenge, with his current state right now, it's a miracle to even survive.

It's been 25 years since the game [Supreme Online] was launched. A VRMMORPG that changes the status quo of the world. Despite the danger it had, people from all over the world seek it without hesitation, especially gamers like him, who fantasize about a world of extraordinary and exhilarating adventures that the real world can't provide. Who wouldn't be interested? Even the wealthy families and government authorities participated without a hitch.

In addition, the game's being highly popular was because of the famous mysterious [store] where wealth, several high-tech devices, martial techniques, advanced transportation, high-tech buildings and construction, and indescribable that could defy common sense, like extending lifespan, eternal youth, and many more.

It is even worth mentioning that purchasing an item from the [store] is only available inside the game. The explanation for how the items were magically transported into the physical world remained a mystery. Probably because of its peculiarity, some business-minded people and government authorities grab the opportunity to be the middle-man between the game and 'normal players' by creating their own store in the real world. Despite how limited the item that their store has, it was still popular among the masses.

The sad reality was that every item in that [store] has an equivalent price. Various cheap items like 'nutrigen' solutions, blueprints, techniques and items that sold at unreasonable prices, such as the famous [Seed of Life].

According to the rumor, the [Seed of Life], known as the "Miracle Pill," can cure any severe illnesses or injuries that the person had, without disadvantages.