Chapter 2: Starting Over

A morning passed. The sun had risen. The chirping of birds can be heard outside.

Lucas' consciousness gradually awoke as light exited from the glass window hit his face. He opened his eyes but jolted suddenly as an intense pain and headache assaulted him.

"What the fu-"

He groans. He wanted to scream but couldn't open his mouth. The pain was so extreme that he began to doubt his existence. 

To alleviate himself from pain, Lucas executed the breathing technique he knew. Surprisingly, the pain lessened a little. He was happy to discover this and control his breath even more properly until the pain was bearable enough to endure. 

"What kind of pain is that?!"

He had never experienced it before. Lucas doubt any of the grandmasters and god-ranked players could endure this level of pain. Thankfully, the pain was short enough to not lose himself.

Lucas slowly opened his eyes and a surprise was seen on his face. He adjusted his body to sit and carefully checked his well-being.

After a minute of checking, he frowned for some discomfort. Although his upper body was wrapped in bandages, there was still a faint pain in his chest.

"This is not the pain I felt earlier?" A doubt flashed into his mind. At the moment, an intangible and mysterious aura has enveloped his body. 

The scene of his dying in the balcony; the sadness, regrets, and unwillingness in his heart; the pain he had experienced just now; and a familiar room he was in. Without warning, a large amount of information surged in his mind. He grabbed the side rail beside him to keep himself. Lucas jump in shock when he thought that possibility. That was impractically impossible.

"Was I reincarnated?!"

As an atheist, he confidently rejects the concept of God. What is more of an idea of an afterlife or transmigration to another world? Parallel World? Multiverse? Lucas's mind was filled with confusion.

A minute passed. The information surged had stopped. He analyze the information he had obtained. 

"What?! I was really reincarnated!"

Lucas touch his face to confirm he had indeed become young again. Although some of the information was blank and empty, he could still remember most of the memories he had about the game and the world. 

Lucas was still in shock but also extremely excited. He immediately inspected his surroundings. What met his eyes was really a simple room, larger than twelve square meters. Cracks can be seen in any wall. There was a glass window in front of him. Above it was an old, broken air-conditioning unit. There were also a couple of fruits and bottles of water on the old brown vanity on the right side of the bed. A vase of flowers with a variety of colors can be seen at the back of it. The lights above were flickering, and a small electric fan can be seen on the left side of the wall.

After he familiarized himself with the room, his heart was still downcast. He knew the reason he was here to begin with. Suddenly, the room filled with an invisible cold aura as his eyes burned in fury.

"I won't let this go." He angrily spat.

In his past life, he invested a lot of time and wasted a lot of money, even permanently sacrificing several levels until he cleared that hidden quest and acquired the token to enter the 'City of Galore'. One of the holy cities in [Supreme Online]. It was also known as the 'City of Opportunities'. 

Aside from the occasional auctioning or selling of limited overly high-rank skills, equipment, and blueprints, the city has a node connecting to all known worlds in the game.