Chapter Two

Should I pretend I didn't know him? Should I take my hands off his abs? Should I hide my face inside a vase?

 He walked around in my living room, Marta following his every footstep, wigging its tail "I'm really sorry" Javi repeated for the millionth time and for the millionth time I replied a 'It's okay'

 "It's just that... Marta thinks she's tiny, si?" He explained, running his fingers through his messy hair and I had to laugh at Marta, that climbed up the couch and laid on my lap, her tail making loud noises every time it hit the leather sofa "I know it may not seem like it, but I tried to teach her good manners." He shot Marta a killing look – which the dog just ignored, putting her snout under my hand so I could caress her "Did she hurt you?"

 "I was knocked out by a Dalmatian, not by the Leones, Javi" I blurted and he looked at me with his eyes wide.

 "So... You know me?" He tried to hide his surprise.

 Should I pretend I didn't know him? Cross that.

 Should I tell him I date one of his fellow professionals?

 ...Nope.

 "I have a friend... That hum... She dates a football player" I explained, lying through my teeth "I may have watched you play once or twice, but I just remembered you name now."

 "Oh" Javi nodded, looking down. Did he seem disappointed or was I seeing things?

 I remembered watching him play for the Under-21 squad a long time ago, when England didn't qualify – Theo kept being bitter and I tried to ignore him, focusing on the game. Javi was way better looking live, and it still felt a bit odd being around him...

Especially when he was shirtless.

 "Thought you might be a fan" He explained with a shrug "But I don't think I have international fans, mucho menos fans hermosas." He muttered.

 "What did you just say?" I raised an eyebrow "I'm sorry, my Spanish is a bit poor, so..."

 "Oh, it was nothing. Bíen, you know mi nombre, pero I don't know yours." He tapped on his thigh – God, he had good thighs – trying to call Marta, but she just ignored him, still on my lap.

 "I'm Ananda, but my friends call me Nina" I explained as he kneeled, whistling for Marta.

 "Venga Marta, ya hemos enfadado demás la pretty Niña, si?" He said affectionately, but Marta didn't even move. Did he just call me pretty? I felt like fifteen year-old. And he called me 'Niña'.

 If he said 'Venga Ananda' with that soft spoken Spanish of his, I'd be on his lap in less than a heartbeat.

 "She used to be obedient you know?" He sighed, getting up and I almost pouted.

 Go back to that position, Mr. Martínez. Your abs and thighs gave me a vision of paradise.

 "She likes me" I stated smugly, caressing behind Marta's ear.

 Javi just smiled "That's actually hard, most of the time she's pretty... Antisocial."

 "I think she's trying to make up for the fact that she almost killed me" I joked and Javi gave a little chuckle.

 "About that... Have I said that..."

 "You're sorry. Yes." I interrupted and he blushed "You've also asked for my 'perdón' and I've said that it's fine."

 "Mire, since Marta can't actually make it for, sabes... 'Almost killing you'." He mimicked with a smirk "Let me do it. This is your first time in Bilbao, si? Let me show you around."