Chapter 5

Y/n takes the cloth and observes it

Y/n:Gotta give it to you Kankuro, you really put your last two brain cells together for this one...good job...even as you were clearly outclassed you still managed to get this...even has a bit of blood on it...

Kankuro:Gaara's?

Y/n:Hmm...don't think so but I can't be sure,I'd need Mez to let me know...

Kakashi walks in

Kakashi:I can give that to my dog Pakkun...

Y/n:Would it be better than Mez...?

Kakashi:Probably not but what's more subtle a giant sea serpent or a small dog...?

Y/n:Hmm...I'll leave it to you for now...I suppose everyone should get some rest...

He grabs his sword from the corner of the room

Y/n:As much as it hurts me to sit here and do nothing,I'd be running around blind...

Kakashi gently grabs the cloth from y/n's hand as he puts his other hand on his shoulder

Kakashi:We'll find him y/n...

Y/n:I know we will, I just don't know if it'll be dead or alive...

He walks out of the room as Naruto is sitting next to the door on a bench

Naruto gets up immediately

Naruto:You and Sakura were so cool in there!

Y/n:Tsunade definitely has been teaching her a few things about being a medical ninja...

Naruto:Is it that obvious?

Y/n:The things that Tsunade does to annoy me sometimes, Sakura also did but I know she didn't do them on purpose...

Naruto:So have we found Gaara? Are you going to call Mez?

Y/n:Mez isn't exactly hidden,she'd be seen immediately and they could leave before the info could be received back here...Kakashi has his dog handling it...

Naruto:So what are we supposed to do now? Sit here and do nothing?

Y/n:You should get some rest, it could be a potentially long day tomorrow...

Naruto:What about you?

Y/n is quiet

Y/n:I've fought Gaara a couple times,he is no pushover, for someone to beat him shocks me...

Naruto:Well I'll get some sleep...

Y/n:Good night Naruto...

Naruto:Good night y/n...

He walks off as y/n hops out a window and onto a nearby roof

Y/n glares into the sky

You should get some sleep too y/n...

It has no value to me, why would I ever do that...?

So you can dream, or a better future, a better place...

Why? To distract him from reality, whether we like it or not the world we wake up to is the one we're in, don't try to hide from something that knows exactly where you are...you'll just make a fool of yourself...

I know but...I want y/n to be happy about something...anything...

To kill the person that did this to Gaara, to protect the leaf village at the same time...that makes me happy...