Chapter I

The breeze hits the scarlet rosy cheeks of Kim Nabi as her pretty orbs keep on wandering on the swarm of large students entering the entrance gate.

Her hazel-brown orbs meet its black marble feline gaze. The eye contact lasted for 15 seconds.

It was a moment of everything for her. It is one of her favorite interactions with him.

It might not be anything to anyone yet for her, it is something. Something that causes her heart to leap from a tinge of joy.

He is her first, after all — for almost everything.

First crush. First love. First confession. First heartache.

She figured that they are not on the same page yet she gambled. She started to win the game, knowing there is no game at all. 

The scene of her confession keeps rewinding in her mind.

How Yang Jungwon gave his appreciation for admiring him and how he meticulously chose his words to not cause pain or ache.

But, of course, rejection is rejection. No matter how one sugarcoats and put some sweetened words.

It will hurt. Rejection hurts.

She devours it wholeheartedly.

Does it hurt? Yes, it does.

The confession was three months ago. Before summer break happened yet she is still aching.

And of course, loving him from afar.