Haunted

Love, you left me haunted
Love, I'm just a shadow now
Dark in the night
Dark in the day
Darkness and it just won't go away
_______________

SCANDAL!

Identity of mystery woman involved in Presley affair is finally disclosed!

"Upon the split of Hollywood's hottest couple, Elvis Presley was spotted by fans and caught in numerous photographs with the so called Nameless Mistress for years leading up to his death this last summer. Now sources claim that the woman was none other than Wife-Priscilla's own cousin, a Miss Evangeline Reeves!

"Early photos reveal Presley and Reeves sharing an intimate moment during his first-year opening performance at the International Hotel in Las Vegas. While initially Miss Reeves was perceived by spectators to be just another fan, she is now confirmed to have been a member of the singer's official production crew, traveling on tour and attending his countless performances. This connection now prompts the public to speculate: Did she cause the rift that ended Elvis and Priscilla's marriage?

"At this time, neither widow nor mistress have provided any comment regarding the circumstances of the Presley divorce or his relationship with Reeves—professional or otherwise. We are hopeful other members of the King's Memphis Mafia may provide some insight into what transpired with the women in Elvis's last years of life."

。・:*:・゚☪︎ 。・:*:・゚

1978

THE ONLY SOUNDS in the room came from the treading over carpet, the late January rain rapping at the windows, and the occasional pop of burning wood. The space was dim, save for the light that danced in the fireplace, casting grotesque shadows that stretched and shivered over the walls. This house used to be so cheerful, she mused, so full of life and laughter and song.

Like the woman pacing its floor, this manor had become a hollow shell.

Her companions took up opposing ends of the room, each perched on a too-big sofa that offered as much comfort as a slab of stone. Despite its stiffness, the man leaned into the cushions, arms spread wide over the back of the couch, taking up as much room as possible—not a difficult task for his towering stature.

Dissimilarly, the dark-haired female had her ankles tucked against the foot of the sofa, knees pressed together tightly. Her hands folded themselves into her lap and she gazed down at her polished nails as though she could see the future in their shine.

The first woman halted in her pacing, bare toes scraping the rug as she pivoted and fixed the man with a glower. "Honestly, Jerry, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Jerry, who had not taken his attention off the agitated figure since positioning himself on the sofa, arched a brow at her words. "You already know what I'm going to say."

"Well if the tune hasn't changed, please keep it to yourself." She resumed her pacing. "I refuse to argue this anymore."

"Eve," tried the room's third occupant, "Perhaps we should discuss it. This is circulating faster than we thought."

Evangeline threw her head back and groaned, eyes flitting heavenward as she halted her mechanical march across the carpet. "What's there to talk about? We knew—we all knew—what this would mean. We understood the risks and agreed, so what's the problem now?"