Chapter 13 - Wilrin wants to gatekeep

John took a moment to appreciate the poster he had on his walls, a way of calming himself down from the abnormal beating of his heart. They just finished breakfast and Wilrin said that he would wait for him and send him to work while John took his time in the bath to cool himself down because he could still feel his chest beating so fast.  

This occurrence wasn't normal to him, in all his years of passive living. He could get some goosebumps or skip a beat from big things from his perspective but his heart was beating so fast ever since he stared at Wilrin cooking for him or even before that. He wanted to shut his head off but couldn't!

But he braced himself to go out, behaving like normal when facing Wilrin but the young man saw how his steps became strange with his hands swaying in the same direction, he was waiting at the car and couldn't help but laugh to see another expression from the old man, "Did you eat tomato? Your face is red."

Wilrin was about to stretch his hand to touch his forehead John backed away, "I-I'm fine, it must be the summer heat."

Seeing no strange from it, Wilrin nodded, "Come in, I'll place the air conditioner on the highest degree for you." he said humorously and opened the door for John.

While on the road, John tried his best to look away from Wilrin because just taking a glance would make his blood gather around his face and he would look like a tomato as his heart would thump so hard that he wanted to just dig it out.

"Where should we eat later?" Wilrin suddenly asked as he turned to John.

John was playing with his thumb as he replied without looking back, "Anywhere you want."

Wilrin smiled, "Then we'll take the farthest this time, I found a good restaurant that served the finest seafood in town and I'm sure you'll love it." he said enthusiastically.

John stared at him again, his eyes lingered on the young man's eyes, nose, and lips. He knew he was gay but he never thought that at this age, he would meet someone that would be a threat to his predictable life.

...

"Hey John, the new batch of these men's magazines had arrived, want to borrow it first?" Mari asked but she frowned seeing John's lonely back as he swept their yard in much gloominess. She had been talking about some random things today but the man ignored her!

She clicked her tongue and threw a peanut she had on the counter, "Hey old man!" she already threw three peanuts when John finally snapped and turned to her with his mouth open.

"Wha?" he asked mindlessly.

Mari screamed, "Do you want to borrow these men's magazines—" but she suddenly stopped as she stared wide-eyed at the person who just arrived.

Wilrin just got off from the car and was walking forward towards John. He still had his smile as he approached John casually, "I already reserved us some seats, should we go?"

John immediately took his eyes off and tightened his hold on the long broom, "O-Of course."

Wilrin found his face red again, he walked a step closer as he stretched an arm to feel John's cheeks, "You're a bit hot."

John who already turned red like a real tomato took a step back but almost stumbled again due to his stiff knees luckily, Wilrin had a nice reflex and immediately took his waist to pull him back.

"Are you having a fever?" Wilrin worriedly asked as he went to touch his neck again but John could no longer contain his extreme emotion and pulled away from the young man.

"N-N-No, I'm fine. J-Just the summer heat." he reasoned out again feeling his heart about to jump off again and took a glance at the young man only to see his shining bright face with much-blooming flowers around him. He gulped and hung his head low again.