Trailer Park Queen pt. 3

"I'm gay."

"What?"

Max stared at you in disbelief, and you could see a hint of disgust in her scrunched nose. Your stomach hit your ass and you were sure you had just lost your friend AND your crush in the span of five seconds.

You nodded and stood up, already fighting the urge to vomit everything you had eaten that day. Your feet carried you almost as quickly as your heart was beating, and you found yourself pushing the front door open.

Once you reached your room, the tears came. It was all very horrifying. The fact that you had never said those words out loud to another person, and the person you liked at the very least.

After that day, Max didn't talk to you. Once the weekend was over and Monday came, you expected disgusting slurs painted all over your locker, girls hiding from you in the locker room after gym, and your actual best friend never talking to you again.

But that didn't happen. Monday was a normal day, the same boring things happened, math, english, science, history, gym, and lunch. You went home, your parents fought, you ate dinner, and went to sleep.

Soon, weeks turned into months, and it was October by the time Max even acknowledged your existence.

The force which grabbed you and pulled you underneath the bleachers startled you. You almost screamed, but the red hair stopped you.

"Max?" You murmured, heart beat racing to fast you were sure it was going to rip out of your chest and fly away.

"Yeah, it's me." She rolled her eyes. "I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted, yknow, when you-"

"Yeah. it's fine really. I don't blame you." you interjected. She scoffed and gave you a look that told you to shut up.

"Can you let me finish? I shouldn't have acted like that. But I was raised differently. I mean, my brother and step dad always said...awful things about...gay people, stuff I never agreed with, but if they knew that..."

You nodded, you knew about Billy before his death. You never talked to him, never interacted with him at all. But the way he acted while picking his sister up from school, you understood completely. And you couldn't get mad at her for not speaking up, because look at you. You're probably the queen of keeping secrets.

"And...I didn't talk to you, not because I was scared of you or your feelings.." She hesitated on the next sentence and your heart skipped a beat. Where the hell was she going with this?

"But I was scared of mine. I mean. I dated Lucas, and he was great and all, but I always found myself wanting...something else I guess. And I didn't know what that something else was until I started to get to know you." She said so quietly you thought you were just hearing things, that your brain was making things up.

Your mouth opened and close multiple times, not knowing what the hell to say. But she continued.

"And, you know I don't apologize very often, but that was very wron-"

She was cut off by your hands on her face and your lips on hers. For some reason you had expected her to push you away, call you a name, and run away, even after everything that she just said. I mean, she just came out to you, right? Max Mayfield just admitted that she was gay, for you.

Instead, miraculously, she kissed you back.