Chapter 1// Phantom

Tap Tap Tap

Something was walking through the blizzard.

Tap Tap Tap

No one can see who it was or what it was. The phantom flickered on and off amidst the dreadful snowstorm. It seems as if the lonely and vengeful ghost was haunting the isolated abandoned land covered in snow-white.

Footsteps, the only thing that proves of its existence, were soon covered by bone-chilling snow.

Not a moment later, the silhouette arrived at its destination. It stands in front of the ice-covered Castel for a few seconds as if contemplating something.

It soon raised its hand and gently knocked on the door.

Gentle as it may be, the sound traveled through the blizzard as if it were announcing its arrival to the world.

The entrance immediately made a pathway for the phantom and a row of fatui guards were bowing their heads to the ground, greeting the phantom or being too afraid to look at it.

Either way, the phantom wasn't too sure and it wasn't bothered to find out. It gently and slowly walked through the fatui guards without making any sounds as if it simply didn't exist.

If one didn't have eyes that just seen themselves a moment ago, fatui would never believe someone was truly walking in front of them.

It is as if it was truly a Phantom. The nickname really gave the harbinger justice.

On the surface, there were only eleven harbingers. But only the fatui closely involved with the greater schemes and that of who worked directly in the Castel knows...

There was another harbinger hidden deep inside the glorious shadows of eleven harbingers –

That is the Phantom harbinger.

They don't have a number or title. They just go by Phantom.

No one knows the harbinger's name or gender. No one knows their appearance either as they always wore the mask of the devil.

No one knows when that harbinger appeared as if they were always there from the start.

The harbinger quietly hides itself behind the shadows cast over by the rest of the harbingers.

They come in and go as they please, only doing the dirtiest missions issued by the Tsaritsa via unknown means.

This comes as a surprise for the Phantom too as they haven't been summoned in person for almost a decade.

The harbinger that shouldn't have existed made a reappearance after the tales of their deeds became an urban legend among the citizens of Snezhnaya and became a story for mischief kids to behave.

Soon the phantom reached into the innermost room and behind the door, is where every important personnel gathered for the first time in centuries.

They'll be meeting some of their co-workers for the first time also, how fun.

With an indifferent smile decorating their face behind the mask, they reached out and decisively pushed open the door.