Small Tabby, Big world.

Fanfiction? I guess?
Basically non-route chapter 1 interaction with people n' whatnot.
But it's mingus instead of gingi.

Also genderfluid mingus
All talk about hcs later

---

Mingus woke up at the peak times of waking up, 11 am. In their tent, at the park, where he could distantly hear the loud honking of the swans. Mingus yawned, doing a big ol' cat stretch before rubbing their eyes and blinking, to get that 'just woke up' feeling washed away.

"What a day to be alive."

I am truly surprised that once again you wake up to live another day, considering your diet of garbage, 3 day after expiration date meat, and woodchips.

"It strengthens me gut, betters the imm-un-ae system."

You mean immune  system?

"Yeah that."

The watermelon hued eggs that Mingus had came across a week ago had grown quite the bond with Mingus. To the point she was worrying whenever he went outside, somehow, JUST somehow, their egg babies would get hurt.

So finding a good, moist, dark place to put them would be juuuuussst perfect.  And thus, they did some thinking, and decided that some area around probably near one of the less walked around, darker areas of the zoo would be a good place, and besides, who goes to the zoo anymore anyways? No one would notice, or care!

And thus, with mingus' kangaroo-esk pouch, she placed all of the eggs in there, and went over to the zoo. But curse the fact that mingus' memory is quite tiny, cause he forgot that the entrance fee for the zoo is 2 dollars per person.

And Mingus, is quite literally, the definition of broke. And yet, with much 'grace' greeted the ticket lady, the wonderful printer woman named Karen.

This is going to go absolutely horrible

"Why hello there, Ticket Karen!" Mingus said quite happily, as Karen groaned. "What do you want NOW?" Karen said, unsurprisingly done with the cryptid cat's shit. "Well, I need into the Zoo, of course." Mingus simply stated. "AND I won't piss behind any of your rides this time." Mingus said, continuing on. "And what's your actual reason why...?" Karen asked. "Well, to lay my eggs in an undisclosed area somewhere in this zoo." Mingus stated quite bluntly "OK you'll definitely need to buy a ticket for that." Karen said, sounding awfully tired.

Mingus thought for about a solid second, before realizing that.

Don't tickets cost... money?

"How much does tickets cost?" Mingus  asked, as Karen answered with a simple "2.00 per person." "Shit I currently have 0 dollars to my name- say, Oh Ticket Karen... will you take wood chips or tales of old in exchange of letting me into the Zoo?" Mingus asked, attempting to horribly smooth talking into getting in. And in response got a simple

"No. I will not." Karen soon realized something. "Wait, aren't you that CRYPTID that lives in a tent by the playground at the park...?" Karen questioned, as our cat protagonist pretty much sweat bullets "Shit, my cover has been blown out the water-" The cat boy muttered.

"Look, pal- I'm really only gonna tell you this because your as I'll put this as kindly as one can... your 'natural odor' is just going to drive away any sort of potential customers if I let you loiter around much longer." Karen said, if the poor printer woman had a nose, it would be scrunched at this very moment right now.

"It's Valentine's day today." Karen stated, continuing on. Mingus stood a bit confused at the statement, she's heard of Halloween and that Wretched Christmas when the months start getting PISS COLD. But nothing much about this so called, "Valentine's day."

"Valen... Valentine's.. Day? Isn't that for like romantic people and stuff?" The cat cryptid said, sounding awfully confused and attempting to get her facts correct.

"Your... gonna find a place for your eggs, yeah? I'm sure you've heard of a mate-" "Nah, I've adopted these eggs, I'm convinced that potential "mate" of any kind is never gonna encounter me."

Karen sighed and decided to explain it to the poor, poor cryptid. "Well, to give you the gist, Love is when two or more people go out to get ice cream, and joint bank accounts together... and or make out with each other in front of the poor giraffes."

"And Valentine's day, in the modern definition, is to celebrate love." Karen stated simply. "...and why are you telling me this..?" Mingus questioned as Karen sighed, and once again, proceeded to explain.

"Well, today we have a sale on this day, of 2 dollars only for each couple. 2 for 1. If you could somehow parasitically manipulate someone into paying you into the Zoo, well... I couldn't stop you."

"MISSION AQUIRED, GET INTO ZOO." Mingus yelled out. "Oh God Dammit- OK do that... awaaayyyy from here." Karen groaned out, as Mingus decided to scurry off. "I'll guess I'll see you later, Ticket Karen! With a smoking hot babe!"

"Please don't ever come back..." The poor printer lady mumbled out as Mingus left, her words unheard and out of ear shot.

Mingus went back to his wonderful tent, and decided to search around dialtown for someone to bring them into the Zoo for their so called "egg quest."

And after walking through the park and playground, Mingus was finally in "Uptown Dialtown." Which is for anyone uncool enough to be in downtown Dialtown.

Time to use the trademark technique of bombarding random people with questions, then asking them if they could bring Mingus into the Zoo. Which will be a totally flawless technique that will today not fail at all yep totally.

This is going to end absolutely horribly and you know it

"A cat like me can only be hopeful, you know! It's not like I'm running for mayor, or from the cops!"

Your overwhelmingly optimistic attitude is going to be your downfall and you know it

Time for our egg quest to start

☆☆☆☆☆

AN: A 1001 words this time! I'm glad I actually got this done instead of doing anything other than writing and abandoning another writing project. I love being motivated to do anything but school work. I'm also planning on doing the Npc dialogue trees soon after page 2

I also have the ch1 of SOMEONE'S route already started, and to give a teaser, it's already at 800 words! Husky Musker out.