The Only One For Me || JJ Maybank

wc: just over 1.1k
(not proof read, unedited)
buckle up y'all this is lowkey depressing

(...)

JJ was attractive. Everybody on the island knew it, kooks, pogues, everyone. And you, his girlfriend, never failed to praise him on it. You simply didn't know someone could be so beautiful - inside and out - until you met JJ.

Being JJ's girlfriend was great. He was a sweetheart, someone who would hold you for hours, but he was also dominant at times (specifically when other guys flirted with you) and has thrown a few punches when he needed to. He loved you, and it was obvious.

However, that didn't stop you from feeling insecure when other girls flirted with him. I mean, they were all perfect. Why would he not choose them over you?

It was most common at parties, when pretty girls who's spray tans were maybe a little too aggressive, with perfect hair and skimpy bikinis, would come and flirt with him. And you were always right there, next to him, but they always seemed to not notice you, or ignore you. One of the two. Sometimes, they'd try to give him their numbers, but he would politely decline.

JJ knew you would get insecure when they would come over to him, noticing how you moved your arms from either side of your body to come cover your stomach. However, he never said anything. Not because he didn't want to, but because he never knew what exactly to say.

And sometimes, it would happen at his soccer games, where girls who were forced to come watch their brothers play would try to flirt with him after the game.

They'd even try when you were by his side, his arm around you, while you talked. All of them just pretended you weren't there, just pretended you didn't exist.

They all wanted him, and they would do whatever it took, despite the fact that they knew you two were together - and had been for a while.

JJ always thought that you didn't care all that much, because he knew that you knew he loved you. He said it all the time, in fact.

So when he arrived at your house that evening, he was confused when you didn't answer the door. He double checked his texts, making sure that he was there at the right time, and he was. He knocked again, a little harder this time, just incase you didn't hear him knocking the first time.

When you didn't answer for a second time, he decided to let himself in. He knew where you kept your spare key, so he grabbed it from its hiding spot and unlocked the door.

He walked into your house, looking around to see if you were anywhere in sight. Nothing.

"Y/n? Are you there?" He yelled into the halls of your house, pausing, waiting for a response. And thats when he heard it.

He made his way to your bedroom door, pressing his ear to it. He didn't hear the tv, which you usually had on, but only your small sobs and hiccups. He knocked softly on your door, twisting the handle but not yet going in.

"Y/n? Are you ok? Can I come in?" He asked, concern laced in his voice. Reluctantly, you muttered back a small mhm as he pushed the door open.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting down on your bed and rubbing small circles in your back as you lay faced away from him.

"It's stupid, J, really." You mumbled, voice slightly muffled from your comforter pulled close to your fave.

"If you're cryin' this hard, babe, then it can't be stupid."

"But it is stupid, really." You shook your head as you sniffled.

"Just talk to me about it, please. I wanna know what's makin' you upset and how I can help you."

You shifted in your bed, sitting up next to him as you wiped your eyes. "Its just, like," you paused, feeling your eyes water again. "why'd you choose me? Out of all the girls you could get?" You sniffled and his face dropped, and it almost looked like he was going to cry.

"What do you mean, y/n? Did someone say something? Do I have to beat anyone u-" He rambled, before you interrupted him.

"Nobody said anything. See, I told you it was stupid. I just...never mind. Just forget it." You shook your head.

"No, y/n, I'm not gonna forget it. Where's this coming from? What's this about?" His voice cracked a little, and you could've sworn you saw a tear run down his cheek.

"It's just that, you could have anyone on this island. And you chose me, and it's like I'm just boring, and there's all these girls who are so much tanner, and skinnier, with whiter teeth and longer hair, and it's just like god, what did I do to even deserve you? How did I end up with you? You're way out of my league, J." You rambled, and he just sat there, dumbfounded. He knew you were insecure sometimes, but he didn't know you felt like this.

And now there were definitely tears coating his cheeks, but he quickly wiped them away.

"Y/n, I, I have no words, seriously. You're saying that you, like the y/n l/n don't deserve me? I think its the other way around, sweetheart. Seriously, I don't deserve you. You're perfect, and I'm not just saying this because you're upset. Seriously, I mean it. I love you so much and there's no one else I'd rather be with. You can ask John B and Pope, sometimes they have to stop me from talking about you. I'm stupidly obsessed with you, I somehow always find a way to talk about you, and JB and Pope are all like 'Yes JJ, we know how in love with y/n you are' and that's because you're it for me y/n, you're the one. I don't want anyone other than you, I don't want any of those girls with overly aggressive spray tans and bikinis that are too tiny, I promise. You're the only one I want. You're the only one for me."

Tears were full on streaming down both your faces now, and you just looked at each other, pure love in both your eyes. You leaned into his chest, his hands coming around you, brushing through your hair while he pressed light kisses into your hair.

"I love you, J."

You could feel him smile into your hair as he briefly stopped moving his hands. "I love you too, y/n. So much." His hand lightly gripped your jawline, tilting your head up for a kiss.

the end :))