Chapter 20

"wh..at??"

"When you were admitted in the hospital. He blackmailed him with me to break up with you. He beat us up"

Taehyung's words sank in her head and it just made her want to laugh out loud. Her dad could never do anything like that.

Ever since she was small whatever she wished for was in the palm of her hand the next second. There was nothing her father declined her of, she knew her father would soon understand about her and jungkook. But he wouldn't blackmail. Her dad could never stoop so low. Never.

She chuckled lowly,

"Now you blame my dad? Seriously Taehyung? What does he think? He breaks my heart and then puts the blame on my dad!!?"

"Rhythm i know you wont be able to take what I'm saying. But it's the truth" taehyung looked at her.

She shook her head,

"Never. He would never do that"

.....right?

"Fine not your dad. Jungkook? Why do you think he would want to break up with you??"

"He was seeing someone else-"

"Did you see him with some other lady!?!"

Her mouth shut tight, no words formed in her throat. The thought hadn't even crossed her mind.

"All he knew since young was fight and survive. The thought of having someone never crossed his mind until you. Let me tell you this Rhythm, he is a one woman man"

She clenched her fist tears forming in her eyes. Questions flying in her brain like weightless paper Planes,

"He...."she whispered "said he never...." She gulped "loved m-"

"AND YOU BELIEVED HIM!?!"

She flinched at his raise in voice.

"The love he has for you is seen in his eyes. This just makes me wonder how both of your relationship was that you don't even know him"

Her heart clenched with pain hearing Taehyung's words.

Yes. She had seen his eyes sparkle in admiration. Eyes soften for the love he had for. How could she not notice it? Was she that blind? Or was it her ego? That stopped herself from accepting his love again?

Her lips trembled as tears rolled down her eyes, the lump on her throat grew unbearably painful. Was it true? He lied to her? He was blackmailed? But..

"No....my dad could...never do. ..that" she spoke softly not able to belive in reality.

Jungkook was someone she was sure of in her life, someone she wanted to survive the lonely world and when she thought her dad could understand her, he only broke her more? Just because he was a bodygaurd?

"Is. ...it wrong to fall in love?" She asked the same question again. The question that always rang in her head everytime she looked at Jungkook after their break up, everytime she wanted to feel him.

Taehyung smiled sadly,

"Falling in love is never a option is it? But with whom is. And according to your dad, a low life like jungkook doesn't deserve you"

Harsh words that left Taehyung's mouth pierced her soul, the reality and bitterness of his statement felt painful to hear. Now all she wanted was to run back to him, see his eyes crinkle along with the rise of his soft pink lips as she bobbed his cute nose. Fall in his embrace and never let go, feel protected again, feel important again. Hear him whisper her name in her ear with Love dripping like honey.