Serial ~F.Z.~

TRIGGER WARNING | MURDER | TRIGGER WARNING| MURDER | TRIGGER WARNING | MURDER

"Alright everyone take a seat," Sargent Trapp announced, as all the Colorado Springs police filled the small debriefing room. "Today's debrief is going to be longer than usual, due to current events." Whispers automatically filled the room, at the sound of Trapp's words. A fog of trepidation flowed over the room.

Colorado Springs had recently been visited by several murders; each identical to the other. The county was a mess, neighbors were pointing fingers at neighbors while no true investigation was being done. There was even talk amongst the townsfolk that this would be the start of a race war, which increased the Civil Rights protests and the Klan's activity.

"Alright, here's what we know: a total of five men have been killed, each victim having the same ligature marks around their wrist and ankles; it seems the killer strikes and kidnaps their victims at night, each victim was seen the day of their disappearance but not the next; there is evidence that the men were not killed right away, but it's not strong enough to be tried.

Currently we have no suspects, and need excessive amounts of work on these cases. There is talk that we may have a serial killer on our hands, which may be true. Chief Bridges and I have talked, and we've agreed that all active duty policemen should take over this case. This would include our undercover folks. Questions?"

"What do we know about the victims? Does there seem to be anything connecting them?" Ron asked, his curiosity seemed to impress Trapp.

"So far our victims have nothing in common except for body type and place of disappearance. All five men were around the same height and build. Our smallest victim was 5'11, weighing in at around 198 lbs. When it comes to the abduction location, many of our men were seen either at a bar or a club around the time they disappeared."

"So would it be safe to rule out a woman as our suspect, considering women wouldn't be able to realistically kidnap a man that large?" Officer McGlinnen asked.

"I wouldn't say so. There's a possibility that the victims could have been drugged, even though we didn't find any signs of it in their systems."

"Hey sarge, what was their official cause of death?" Flip asked, a pencil and notepad occupying his hands.

"Cause of death was multiple, around 30-40, stab wounds. Anymore questions?" None of the officers seemed to have any. "Alright then, everyone will be sent the profile with all of the information. Ron, Flip, and Jimmy meet me in my office immediately. The rest of you are to continue the debrief."

Ron, Flip, and Jimmy got up from their chairs and followed the Sargent to his office. They knew what was going to be asked of them, but they weren't sure if they were ready yet; especially Flip. Out of the three that were usually tasked with undercover work, he was the only one who fit the description to A TEE. If the race of the man had been consistent, he would've been concerned for himself.

"I bet you all know what I'm going to ask of you," the three men nodded in agreement with Trapp. "Alright so here are some of the details. Flip will of course be the one in disguise; since we don't know where the suspect might strike, Bridges and I were thinking of doing this over several weeks."

"So every weekend, I'm going to be forced to go to a bar until I'm potentially kidnapped?" Flip asked, Ron and Jimmy slightly chuckling at his question.

"Yes."

"Well then, let's get started."

Over the next couple of weeks, Flip had been spending all his weekends at a random bar looking for a suspect. So far he hadn't seen anyone or anything; the only thing he noticed was the number of ladies flirting with him. He continued to play his part of the bar-hopping-cutie, but he was rather bored. The weekend was the worst part of his week,

So here he was on a Saturday night, sitting at the bar with two ladies on his shoulders. Some random disco song was blaring in the background, distracting him from the two talking ladies.

"Hey ladies," a voice called out from behind the bar, "I think loverboy is uninterested. How about you go to the dance floor and leave him alone?" The two girls looked at each other with disgust, and then at Flip. All he did was smile, and they seemed to get the message and left.

"Hey, thanks for that. You really saved my ass with that."

"Don't mention it. These girls can be like piranhas, and I know because I am one."

"I wouldn't necessarily call you a piranha. You seem pretty sweet."

"I'm glad you think so. The name's Steph." (just watch y'all)

"The name's Mike." Flip internally cringed at having to use his fake name. He didn't think this girl was a threat at ALL. Hell, she would probably be a person to ask questions to. He didn't know what it was, but he just felt comfortable around you. It could have also been the drinks talking.

If he was being completely honest, he felt EXTREMELY open. The feeling shocked him a little, his policeman senses going off. He left the bar and headed for the bathroom. As he walked the room started to spin, he immediately started uttering his code word to Ron and Jimmy. By the time he reached the bathroom, everything had gone completely black.

"Jimmy we gotta get in there, something's wrong!" Ron yelled, breaking the silence in the hidden van. Both Ron and Jimmy ran as fast as they could into the bar; guns drawn. Their intrusion caused many screams and yells from the customers.

They searched the bar up and down for Flip, but couldn't find him. They interviewed some staff members and customers, but no one saw him leave. Everyone kept saying that he had walked towards the bathroom and disappeared. Ron had remembered the name of the girl at the bar; no one could locate her either. They both had seemingly vanished.

Flip had slept like a baby for around three hours. He opened his eyes to be met with a harsh light in his face. His head was pounding, and his entire body felt weak. He could barely move his fingers.

"You slept a lot longer than they usually do. Must have been tired," a voice said. He couldn't tell where it was coming from; it sounded washed out, as if it were all around him. He was sitting in the ocean of this voice. It sounded familiar, a part of him awakened at its sound.

"You seem to be still out of it, what a shame. I wanted you to feel this part." That's when it all came rushing back to him.

"Steph?" He asked, his body starting to come back to him.

"Oh Flip, you don't have to call me that anymore. Since I'm the last person you're ever gonna see, you can just call me (Y/N)."

"What are you gonna do to me? Kill me?" He looked around in an attempt to see where she was, but only failed miserably.

"Kill you? This fast? That would be a shame."

"You did it to the others." He could see her creeping up to him. She was pushing a cart filled with multiple different objects – he couldn't make them out.

"You aren't like the others," she finally came into range. He could see her perfectly now, and everything was different. Her eyes were the difference that shocked him the most. "I actually like you. I think- I think I might just keep you; you'd be mine forever."

Sadly, Flip was never seen again. Well, never seen by the public again....

(A/N- sadly I have to work everyday this upcoming week, so there probably won't be a post for a little while. I'm gonna be working on trying to get some content out tho)