ੈ✩‧₊˚ lumax - arcade

lucas and max's favourite place to go was the arcade. they go there at least 3 times a week.

it's a friday night, and they're on a date

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"shit!" lucas cries after he lost a game of dragons lair. max smiles and let's out a giggle. "maybe next time, but probably not"

they stroll through the arcade trying to find something they hadn't played in a while, which was hard because they spend hours playing everything.

a certain game catches max's eye, the game that changed her life.

digdug.

"lucas!" she cries out of excitement. "check it out"

they walk over to it and the nostalgia hits. this is the game that introduced max to lucas. the game that brought them together.

"you're still the top score!" lucas exclaimed. "dustin must've given up" she laughed.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

the pair take turns playing for a good while until they decide to sit outside for a bit.

they sit on the edge of the sidewalk and take in the fresh air.

lucas looks over at max, who is looking up at the night sky.

"you know why i love the arcade so much?" he asks, staring at his girlfriend.

she turns her head to look at him. "why?"

"because it reminds me of you"

max blushes at this comment, all she wants to do is hug him and tell him she loves him so much.

but she feels that's a bit embarrassing.

"you know why i love the arcade so much?" she asks, emphasising the "i".

"why?" he asks, smiling widely.

"because i beat you at everything"

ੈ✩‧₊˚ 263 words

authors note
2 chapters in one day???? idk how to feel about this one but i tried my best😭

comment some requests!! :)