3

It has been two weeks since summer started and the majority of my days were spent serving at Captain's Cafe while my evenings were spent with Ayah, and occasionally Saint

It has been two weeks since summer started and the majority of my days were spent serving at Captain's Cafe while my evenings were spent with Ayah, and occasionally Saint. I admit at first I was really hesitant, but our friendship seems genuine.

Today was one of my off days and I decided to take my siblings to the park and to get food, I glanced across my room seeing my clock read 12:14. I opened my drawer and grabbed my black eyeliner deciding to go for a darker eye look to make mine pop. I lined my waterline, then went back into the drawer grabbing my brown liner for my lips. I put a light pink gloss on and started towards Kenji's room.

"G(Ji), did you need some help?" I said noticing he was struggling to pick his afro. He nodded his head. I wrapped a towel around his neck grabbed the water bottle spraying his hair, then grabbed the detangler spraying that as well. It took about 10 minutes to complete the detangling and style. "Alright, go ahead n put your socks and shoes on," I said before walking towards Miya's room. "You ready sis?" I questioned seeing her dressed in a white pleated skirt.

"I don't have a shirt that goes with this,"

"Hmm lemme see, " I responded opening the closet door, I quickly skimmed through her hung-up shirts finding the perfect pink graphic tee. "You can wear this with your pink tennis shoes."

"Thank you, sister." She replied smiling, I walked back into my room to get dressed.

Today the temperature was 80 and climbing so I decided to wear a black athleisure one-piece that crossed in the back with my chunky-looking grey new balances. I wrapped my athleisure crossbody bag around my body. Then sprayed the Valentino travel size perfume on my key points(on each wrist, each ankle, behind the neck, behind the knees, and on the chest) and threw that in the bag. I also put my lipgloss charger and hand sanitizer in there.

"Miya, G Yall ready to go?" I questioned standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Yes!" They exclaimed.

We got to the car and I made sure to watch Kenji strap himself into his car seat. I quickly turned the vehicle on and blasted the ac. The drive was about 20 minutes. We quickly arrived and parked in front of a building that had vines growing on it. "Come on yall," I said.

"Hi welcome to Claudettes's Pottery Paints, did yall want to paint today?"The young lady asked.

"Yes for three,"

"Alright that will be $20.24," I handed her a twenty and five dollar bill, and she gave me back the change. "May I have your phone number? This will only be used to contact you when your ceramic is done curing." I gave her my phone number then she went on to explain where the pottery was and that a lady would come around to check what paint pallet we wanted.

"Okay yall, these are the shapes and designs we can pick from," I picked up a butterfly plate, G chose a sea turtle and Miya chose a crown.

"Good afternoon, did you need some more time deciding the color palette?"