twenty Eight

AN- Chapter Songs: Je Te Laisserai De Mots by Patrick Watson, Mind over Matter by Young the Giant, and Foreigner's God by Hozier

26th January 1996

Last Quarter 

Potter said it'd take a couple of weeks to get a response from Sirius. I was told specifically to not mention the potential thread of knowledge of his whereabouts to anyone, not even the chosen one. I told him to take a piss after he said that, he put the fate of Aspen in the hands of a werewolf and public enemy no. 1. I wanted to strangle the orphan out of him, but that would be counterproductive, as mother would say. So I had to impatiently wait for however fucking long, for any leads to her location. I would surely be bald by then.

Until then, I've locked myself in the dormitories and only leave when required to. Quidditch was a no-brainer for me; obviously, I quit the team and let Harper step in to give it a try. I've been a proper saint nonetheless.

"Draco, open the bloody door!" I heard with firm knocking in between each word.

I snatched the pillow from behind my back, and set the cigarette from my lips into the ashtray next to my bed, then buried my face in the pillow and relieved my stress.

After lifting my head I gained the fucks to speak, "What?" I deadpanned.

"Open. The fucking. Door, Draco!"

"Who is it?"

"Pansy," she spat, "now open."

I withdrew my wand from under my other pillow and sliced it through the air, causing the door to swing open; which revealed a very unpleasant Pansy Parkinson, who of which was out of her uniform. Grey lounge trousers that fell into a puddle around her feet, and a navy blue tank-top. Her hair was clipped back and her hands form fists that rested on her hips. If I looked closer, I'd probably see steam flowing out of her ears as her cheeks grew to a shade of cherry.

"You're an absolute pain in my rear," she announced before storming into my fortress, and staking a claim at the side of my bed.

I released a groan and used my forearm to rub my eyes, then rolled onto my stomach to hide my face.

"What've I done this go around, Parks," I said into my pillow.

"Why've you said what you've said to Theo?" She sounded more like my mother than my mother did.

Then the migraine I had FINALLY relieved, came pounding back like a slut on a Saturday evening. This was the last thing I wanted to deal with, and here I was catapulted to the bottom of my list.

"What have I said to Theo?"

"You told him to ' do what he does best and get you drugs and alcohol ?" She accused.

I laughed, is that how I asked him for that favour. Shit, good for me I suppose.

"He's going through this too, you know," She stated, "we all are. The fault may fall on you heavier than others, but that gives you no jurisdiction to act like a wanker."

She's got to be under the Imperius Curse to actually say this bull shit right now. Is she yanking my leg and pulling a Weasley Twin prank on me? Is this someone Polyjuiced as Pansy Parkinson?

Them... going through... what? What do they have to feel guilty for? What did they lose? They don't know Aspen the way I do. Aspen didn't entrust herself to them the way she did with me. They didn't feel the soft beats in her chest that replaced my need to choke on the rain from the Astronomy Tower . They don't know her the way I do. Aspen Lewis was and is my responsibility, in more ways than one.