Chapter 9

Kathrine woke the next morning with a headache. She also noticed that her clothes were on the floor. Since she forgot what happened last night she thought that she forgot to put her clothes in the laundry basket.
  "Oh, I've got school! I'm going to be late!" She hurried to get dressed and rushed downstairs for protein bar. She noticed her brother on the couch.
  "Hey, Ryan can you take me to school please?"
   "Sure thing," he said. "Let me get my keys." 
Once Ryan and Kathrine were in the car Ryan asked.     
  "Did you have fun last night?"
  "Last night." She asked.  Her brother laughed.
   "I guess a little too much fun."
   "Hurry, I'm going to be late!"

Once at school Kathrine checked in the main office and then went straight to math class.
  "I'm sorry I'm late!" She said to the teacher when she walked in.
   "Miss Gilbert, tardy again.
   "Sorry, traffic."
The teacher rolled his eyes. She found her desk and the teacher continued his lesson. Kathrine was starting to get nauseous, she threw up son her desk.
  "Miss Gilbert!" She heard her teacher scream.
   "Mr. David can I go to the nurse?"
   "Go on,"

Down at the nurses office she laid down on the bed that was there, and the nurse checked her temperature.
   "Do you feel ok?" She asked as she handed Kathrine the thermometer.
  "No, I threw up." She said the thermometer beeped, the nurse took it.
  "It looks like you have a fever."
Just then Kathrine's phone buzzed.
  "Hello,"
  "You don't sound so good." The person on the other end said.
  "Hi Jake, Listen I need you to come get me, I'm at the school."
  "I'll be right there." He said.
Jake was there in seconds. When he stepped into the nurses office he saw Kathrine lying on the cot.
  "You okay," he asked, concern in his voice. 
  "No, I need to go home can you take me home?"
  "Okay,"  

They got outside and Kathrine leaned over and threw up.
  "Are you that sick? I mean it's been a whole minute the since you vomited the first time."

They got home and Kathrine went straight to her room.
  "I feel dizzy,"
  "Maybe you should lay down." Jake suggested.  She lay down and Jake put a hand on her stomach to which Katherine gave a confused look.
  "What are you doing?"
Jake groaned.
"What's wrong Jake?" She asked.
   "I know what's wrong with you?"
   "Don't tell me I'm pregnant."
   "You probably are," Jake said.
   "What," Kathrine asked agitated.
   "Just messing with ya,"
    "You better be." Kathrine said, angry. "I'm going to bed." She told him. She pulled the covers over her head.  After a few minutes, Jake said.   "Kathrine are you upset?"
She didn't answer.
"Are you asleep?"
  "Yep," she said
  "I'm sorry." Jake said.
   "Thanks." She said. She fell asleep.

She woke up to the smell of breakfast. Waffles with eggs. She went downstairs.
  "Good morning everybody!" She was going to have a good day.
  "You're in a good mood." Noticed her dad. "You're feeling better then?"
  "Yep,"
She got a granola bar and bolted out the door. She got to math class on time, but just barley. When she walked through the door she wished she had never come, she completely forgot it was test day. She wouldn't let that spoil her mood though.
  "Miss Gilbert, I trust you are fully recovered?" Her math teacher asked.
   "Yes, thanks." She responded.
   "Have a seat,"
Kathrine hurried to her seat. After math was biology her favorite subject. Biology was also a test, but she was sure she passed with flying colors. Next was choir, she liked this class too. English is next, which was boring and slow. 
At her locker Sabrina came up to and asked. "Do you want to hang out this afternoon?"
   "Sure," Kathrine answered.
   "Cool so around four?" Sabrina checked.
   "Sounds like a plan." 
In the meantime Kathrine would spend a little time in the library looking up facts about vampires.

  Four o'clock finally came and she found herself swimming in the pool with her friend.
  "This is relaxing," she said.
   "Mmhm," her friend answered.  It was a nice September day in Texas. Seventy degrees. Nothing was going to upset Kathrine at a time like this. She was flouting on her back when she heard her mom call her and her friend in for dinner. Tonight for dinner her mother had made lasagna, her favorite.
It was only the girls tonight, and Sabrina was staying the night.
  "Do you like hanging out?" Kathrine asked.
  "Yea," Sabrina said.
   "Come on Sabrina, let's go set up your bed."

  Kathrine loved having sleepovers with her friends, the only friend she had actually. Both girls went upstairs to get the roll away bed and put it in Kathrine's room. Purple sheets were placed on the bed and a matching pillow case. After that Kathrine and Sabrina watched a movie about a vampire but when he turned you, you didn't turn into a vampire you turned into zombie. They were so scared by the time they got to bed  that when Kathrine's dad turned on the light it made them jump and scream.
  "Shh!" He said.
  "Sorry," Kathrine answered.
  "Are you both going to bed?"
  "Yes Mr. Gilbert," Sabrina said.
  "Sleep tight girls."
  "Goodnight dad,"

   "Hey Kathrine,"
   "Yes,"
   "You know you've been acting weird lately?" Sabrina commented.
   "What, how?"
Sabrina shrugged.  "You just have." Kathrine's hand automatically went to the spot where Jake bit her, realizing that she would always have a scar there now.
  "So have you ever been in love?"
Kathrine snorted. "Yea,totally."
  "No, I'm serious!" Her friend said.
   "No,"
   "Maybe you will." Sabrina thought. "Maybe he's right around the corner and you don't even know." 
Kathrine was tired and didn't want to have this conversation right now.
  "Sabrina, can we go to bed I'm tired?" She asked.
  "Alright, goodnight." Sabrina said yawning.   They both drifted off to sleep.

Her mother came in the next morning.  "Are you two girls going to sleep forever?" 
Kathrine groaned. "Yes," She had the covers over her head like she usually did.
  "Come on, breakfast is getting cold. Waffles and bacon and eggs." Her mother had Kathrine up when she said the word waffles.
Sabrina had gone to the bathroom. What Kathrine didn't know was Jake had been in her closet waiting to come out and that's exactly what he did. In the blink of an eye Kathrine could feel his body next to hers, his lips on her neck.
  "Mmm," Kathrine moaned. She felt her back against the mattress and couldn't stop the words that came tumbling out of her mouth next.
  "Take me all the way."
"Mmm," Jake mumbled.
In that instant there was a knock on the door.
  "Can I come in?" Sabrina said from outside the door.
  "Yes,"
Jake disappeared.