Always Foes Never Friends

To put it bluntly, Sonic was having the time of his life. Having Tails around really just brought his whole mood up. Which is what is causing Sonic to internally panic. He knows for a fact he has to let Tails leave again. Sonic tries to convince Tails to go, but he keeps insisting that he has nowhere to go. Sonic suspects Shadow has something to do with this. That hedgehog always has to mess things up.

He was currently trying to set up a video game console on his TV. Tails had suggested we play video games together. 'Like the old days' was left unspoken.

Sonic agreed to this proposal as it just meant more time with his brother. Just as he was about to switch the channel, an emergency news came on.

The one and only Eggman had decided now it was the right time to strike.

"Sorry bud. We'll have to put our game on hold for a bit." Sonic gave Tails an apologetic smile. He was surprised when Tails just ran up to him and gave him a big smile.

"Let me go with you! I can help you fight him!" His tails were beginning to swoosh behind him. This could be the opportunity Tails was looking for. He could impress Sonic and show his worth. Maybe this time, he won't leave!

"No can do. You stay here. Where it's safe-" Sonic quickly made his way to the entrance of the base. Without another word from Tails, he left.

"But... I can help..." Tails ears dropped and his tails fell. This brought back memories of the day that Sonic first left. Sonic didn't even say goodbye.

That was the past. Right now, Tails found Sonic again. He wasn't just going to let Sonic abandon him again. He doesn't want to be left alone. Tails quickly made up his mind. He was going to follow Sonic and once and for all prove to him he isn't worth leaving. In the back of his mind, Tails continues to wonder if that is truly what he wants.

Tails made his way out of the base. Not letting himself be left behind again.

---------------------

Sonic sped past the forest, dodging any obstacles that came forth. He felt stupid for not watching the News further to identify where Eggman was currently at. Sonic should probably go back to get the information, but then he'll have to reject Tails again. Sonic can't handle that. He opted to keep running until he found it.

BOOM

The familiar sound of an explosion can be heard from a distance.

"I guess I didn't need the news after all." Sonic mutters to himself. He runs faster to the direction of the noise. Once he reached the source of the sound, the infamous doctor was spotted. For all the time that has passed, Eggman never really changed. Sure he looks older, but everything still remains the same. His goals never changed either.

"EGGMAN!" Sonics yelled and pointed his index finger at his long time rival. Eggman turned to face the hedgehog, unfazed with his appearance.

"Took you long enough, rodent! I've been waiting to test out a new weapon on you!" Eggman yelled before pushing a button on his eggmobile.

"Is this going to be one of your many MANY failed attempts at trying to kill me? Cause I'll remind you that, it never works out for you!~" Sonic taunted the scientist. He had been fighting him for as long as he can remember. At this point, facing Eggman had become a chore. Sonic sometimes felt bad for the guy. Eggman really had nothing but his desire to defeat Sonic.

Before Sonic can continue his usual taunting, a loud rumble was heard from beneath his feet. He jumped out of the way. Sonic tried to take a peak at what had been coming from the ground, but a swatbot had come flying towards him.