Chapter 1

Two days later and I've finally arrived in Bon Temps. I've called Sookie several times, but she hasn't answered, so I tried calling Jason, and again, no answer. I go to put my phone down until it starts ringing. I look at the number, but I don't recognize it, but I answer it anyway.

"Hello." I say to the person on the other end.

"Jesus Christ, I didn't think you would pick up." I laugh as I recognize the voice.

"Hey, Laf. Is everything okay?" I ask him as I pull down the road that leads to the house.

"No. Sookie didn't feel good so she's laying down. I gave her one of my special pills to help her fall asleep and everyone in this house is going to kill me. I'm about to go bitch on everyone here." He finally finished speaking and I let out a laugh at him.

"Don't worry, queen. I'm pulling up now." I tell him and I hear let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god, bitch. I'll see you soon." He tells me as I hang up the call. I put my visor up and I can finally see the house coming into view. I let out a sigh as I found a parking spot, and as I shut off the car, I just kept staring at the house.

"Gram, you kept everything the same." I say to myself as I get out of the car. I walk to the trunk to unlock so I can grab a different shirt. I finally find a long sleeve black shirt, so I take my white sweater off, and then my tank top off. I go to put on the shirt but as I look down to put the shirt over my arms, my eyes go to my stomach and I see the black lines sitting there. I bring one hand to them and trace them up and down. I let out a huff of annoyance and quickly put my shirt on. I slam the trunk closed and finally walk up to the house. I don't even bother knocking, so I open the door just in time to hear Lay yell at everyone to leave.

"You heard the bitch, everyone leave!" I yell out as I walk into the room where he is. I lean up against the door frame with my arms crossed just waiting for everyone to leave.

"Finally, bitch. I was going crazy." Laf tells me as he is smiling at me. I send him a quick wink before speaking again.

"Do I need to repeat myself? There's the door. Bye bye!" I yell out again and everyone finally starts to leave. I stand up from the door frame and gesture my arm to the door in a waving manner to tell everyone to hurry up and leave. Someone goes to talk to me but I gesture to them to shush and motion my hand to the door for them to leave. They let their head hang and they leave.

"Anna-banana. Never thought I would see you back here again." I hear from behind me. I smile at the nickname because I knew only one person that would call me that.

"Hoyt, can't believe you remember that god awful nickname." I say as I turn around to look at him. He opens his arm to gesture to me a hug, and I happily oblige. I smile as I walk up to him and hug him.

"I've missed you." I hear him whisper to me. I nod and tell him the same thing. Me and Hoyt were always two peas in a pod when we were younger, we connected over the same things, and then other things got in the way and I had to leave. I pull away from him and place my hand on his face.

"You've grown up, my good sir." I tell him and I see him blush at the compliment. Hoyt was always adorable and handsome, but I've always seen him as a brother to me.

"You have to, a lot. I mean, you look great." He stumbles over his words and I let out a small laugh.

"It's okay, Hoyt." I tell him and I see him blush again.

"You should come down to Merlotte's later and grab a drink with me, it'll be fun." He tells me with a smile on his face.

"You know I could never say no to you, but maybe tomorrow night. Is that alright, sweetie?" I ask him and he nods his head yes. We give each other another hug and he walks out the door and I can see his mom waiting for him, so I send her a small wave and she makes a face of disgust at me so I just smile at her and blow her a kiss. She lets out a hmph and walks away and I laugh to myself in victory as I shut the door. I walk into the kitchen where Lafayette is and I see Tara.

"Hey, bitch, no hug?" I ask her with a smirk. She laughs at me and we pull each other into a hug.

"So glad you're here, Anna. Even under these conditions." She tells me as we pull away from the hug.

"It's good to be back. Now, what have I missed?" I ask them as we clean up.