1- First Impressions

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

In the minds only capable  in the world of surrealism, a black haired girl found herself boxed in a pitch black room.

Nothing but a dark abyss, the floor was cool murky and reeked of a foul smell. Stingy air swirled around.

The black haired girl trembled, terror overtaking her face as Shadows surrounded her and engulfed her.

A crushing pressure, as heavy stone weight on her chest and couldn't move or breathe. Her breath felt try and something felt pressed to her throat.

Then, loud unknown voices began ringing in her hears.

"You're a failure!"

"A mistake!"

"Pathetic!"

"Worthless!"

The poor girl let out a pitiful weeping and covered her ears, trying yet failing to keep the voices out. As it continued mercilessly spitting insults at her and ripping her apart. They grew louder and louder by scale of their mockery and by the second as they repeated it over.

Afterwards, another voice, the loudest one of all sneered stridently:

"You're a waist of time!"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Marcy jolted awake from her nightmare, panting heavily and even trembling slightly.

She sat up straight and and sighed. Slowly, her shaking slowly clambered down once more as she regained her cool.

Oddly enough she felt a damp, moist liquid spread around her cheeks. She brought a hand up, gently whipped something wet off. And she sighed as she knew what it meant.

She had cried again in the middle of the night again...

It was the the third time in only a this week. That same, awful nightmare that she never seemed to cease taunting her every time she went to sleep.

She cautiously got out of bed still a little shaky and yawned. She looked at her calendar and her eyes shimmered. Suddenly she got out of her bed with a spring in her step. And there was big reason to be excited for this morning.

Today would be the day that she would finally be moving out and into her very own dorm room for college. Along with some roommates of course.

And maybe there other people her age wouldn't make fun of her anymore. For as long as she could remember she was always a heavy target and prone to being teasing by her classmates.

Every time she would try to play with them they would look at her all funny.
Of course she knew why that was but it didn't stop from hurting her. Which is why in most social situations she tended to avoid interacting with others.

But maybe this time, she could actually make her friends!

After had finished getting a shower and putting on her favourite clothes: a duck shirt alongside a pair of green jeans, a denim jacket and brown converse sneakers.

As she quickly brushed her teeth, she looked at the time. There was a little bit of some  time left.

When she had finished she tried giving herself a reassuring smile at the mirror.

Although as she looked at her reflection, she sighed heavily.
Just by looking at herself would bring her day down.

Who would ever want to hang out with her? She wasn't pretty, neither strong or even that social.