19- Three Lovers

"We're here! You can open your eyes now, Marcy!"

Marcy opened her eyes and soon afterwards, they grew wider with a familiar surge of excitement as she recognized their location.

They were at the arcade and it was as lively and beautiful as she could remember from the last time. Except now that it was nighttime, the vibrant neon lights from inside finally got to showcase their beauty in full display.

Anne smiled as she noticed how her face brightened. "What'd you think?"

"Did we do well?" Sasha teased, sounding playful.

Marcy nodded vigorously, hardly able to contain her delight. "But I thought that we got kicked out of this place?"

"We had a little time talk with the manager," Sasha explained, before mischievousness took over her expression. "After totally not bribing him, we got another chance to go here. You can thank us later."

The raven-haired woman's eyes lit up with joy and then the three proceeded to enter the arcade. Marcy quickly scanned through the place, trying to search for something that they could do together. After all, they were so thoughtful to bring her here.

When something finally caught Marcy's attention, she grinned and swiftly dragged Anne and Sasha over.

And what was the game in question? Why it was Super Dance Fun Time Fusion. The game that Anne and Sasha had played together the last time.

"This is what you wanna play?" Anne asked to which Marcy nodded eagerly.

"You have good taste," Sasha commented, holding back a chuckle as Marcy's cheeks grew pinker.

"Why don't you go show her some moves this time Sasha? You're the best dancer I know!" Anne exclaimed sweetly with such warmth that it made her girlfriend start to babble nervously a bit.

"I—I was on—in a cheerleading team a long time ago, Anne," Sasha stammered incoherently while shuffling her feet, which Marcy found to be cute. "You're just saying that..."

"What, no! I really mean it, Sash! You were amazing, and you still are! If anyone can dance it's you!" Anne's eyes, as blue as water reflecting a summer sky, were filled with honesty and she gently cupped her cheeks.

"O—okay I'll do it. Just because you're being your sweet self and all," Sasha stammered, staring at her lovingly.

And so, Sasha and Marcy proceeded to go over and stand on the colourful arrows on the ground.

Sasha glanced at her. "You know how to dance?"

"S—sort of," Marcy answered.

"Well, in case that you don't. I'll help you out. Just follow my lead," she told, winking confidently.

Marcy gulped, and started shaking with apprehension. Soon afterwards, the game started and Sasha began dancing to the rhythm of the song. Up to this point it wouldn't be such a surprise anymore, but she couldn't help but find her sweet and moves impressive.

Gathering a little doze of courage herself, Marcy too stared dancing, but clumsily fell to her feet.

"You can do it Mar-Mar!" Anne encouraged warmly.

"Boonchuy's right. You definitely got the spirit, all you need is a little help that's all," Sasha told optimistically as she helped her get back up to her feet.

"Just look at me and do what I do," she stated, patient yet firm. "Part of the challenge in dancing is getting in sync with your partner."

Marcy looked at Sasha as she started dancing once more. She observes her for a moment and slowly starts entering the beat, making sure to get in sync with her. With a little struggle at first, she ended off flawlessly matching her movements and now she finally started getting points.