I'll be here for you

Everyone was quite as the shadow welder held Naruto. And for a moment everything was peaceful.

The group was a little surprised about what just happened. Why was Shikamaru doing this.

The sensei's knew that the red eyes were from the nine tails chakra. But everyone else just felt massive chakra and KI.

And that was a lot of KI.

Sakura and Ino had instantly realized that Naruto was a Jinchuriki and not Sasuke.

Naruto's sobbing was starting to quiet as he calmed down. No one moved.

"We should set up camp here. Everyone needs a break" Kurani said to the rest of them.

"I agree. The kids need a break" Gai said trying to be quiet.

"I'm gonna start setting up tents" Asuma was starting to agree with Shikamaru. A nap was needed.

Asuma started unpacking as Kakashi went to collect fire wood.

The rest of them realized that their teachers were setting up camp and most of them started helping. It was almost sundown anyway.

Shikamaru and Naruto stayed where they were. Naruto needed to get this out of his system anyway.

After a while he calmed down and instantly fell asleep. The nine tails had exhausted all his energy.

Shikamaru picked up Naruto bridal style and walked over to a tent. All of them were meant for two people.

Most of the time you would partner with you're teammate Shikamaru decided to stay with Naruto. Both Sasuke and Sakura might accidentally do more harm then good.

"Is he okay" Choji asked as he walked into the tent. "He's fine, just tired" dark brown haired Nara said as he lowered the whiskered boy on a blanket on the floor.

"Dinners soon. Should we wake him up" the chip lover asked.

"No, Let him sleep. He needs it" the Shadow weirder said as she looked at the sleeping blond.

"Ok. I'm gonna go help with the fire" Choji said as he walked out.

Shikamaru sighed. Today was a sh*t show. First they got kidnapped now this.

Why did Sakura yell at him? I mean everyone knows that Sakura had a crush on Sasuke but really. What did the Uzumaki do to deserve this.

I mean sure he was a prankster as a kid but who deserved this.

I mean it was clear that Naruto was a Jinchuriki. If you put the clues together it was easy.

His birthday was October 10th

The whole village was either scared of him or hated him

The third Hokage always kept a close eye on the boy

He had whiskers for gods sake!

Why would a child be this hated anyway unless people think they did something or are doing something. Being an orphan wasn't enough to deserve this.

Shikamaru sat down next to Naruto and started playing with his hair. It was softer then the Nara thought it would be.

"Thank you" Kakashi said as he walked into the tent. Surprising the brown haired boy. "For what?"

"You calmed him down. Naruto always gets panicked after using nine tails chakra. It's disorienting" the white haired man walked over to where the two youngest boys were and took a seat.

"You know Naruto isn't the only Jinchuriki I've met" that peaked the shadow master's interest.

"I knew the nine tails Jinchuriki before him" Kakashi sighed.

"She was kind but scary of you messed with her. Even at the very end she kept fighting" their were tears in his eyes.

"I also knew a three tails Jinchuriki. But Rin was only a Jinchuriki for a few. Most of her life was tailed beats free" the Sharingan user frowned.

So they sat there for a while in silence. The thought on Shikamaru's mind was...

I'm so sorry Naruto, I'll be here for you. Always