intro !!

hi everyone <3

this intro is gonna be a bit different from my usual intro pages and will be more like a big dedication.

id like to start by saying this oneshot is a present for my amazing, talented, and kind writing buddy and friend, @starlightsoty.

this is the second oneshot i wrote for this, having trashed the first draft only a week before i needed it to be done (don't do that unless you want to stay up until three everynight staring at a blank document on your computer for an hour), but i'm pretty satisfied with this one and i hope you all will be as well.

anyway, ani, prepare to be appreciated.

even though i know you followed a lot of the accounts that interacted a ton back when you were starting out, i couldn't help but feel extra special when i saw the notification that said "starlightsoty has followed you" and a sweet message which i was unable to find sadly, when i first read it i thought you had mistakenly clicked the follow button or something because i was just a boring little eighth grader at the time with a poorly written itzy book. thinking back on it, i'm so glad i voted as much as i did or else i might not have gotten to know you like i do now. i say this a lot, but you are truly the coolest person i know. like, legitimately.

by nature, im a very reserved and timid person and i struggle with showing affection and my appreciation for those i really care about. but with you, i feel so strangely confident. i feel bold and can easily tell you how much i admire and appreciate you. it might seem like flattery, but every single word is true. you're such a funny and genuine person, i feel so comfortable around you and occasionally over share (sorry about that). if you ever feel smothered by my comments and praise, PLEASE tell me and i'll tone it down.

i'm really sorry if i can be overly self-conscious and critical, i struggle a lot with many aspects of myself, but even despite that, you never fail to encourage me, support me, inspire me, and tell me i'm good enough. and sometimes i can't help but let myself believe you. i feel like the luckiest human alive for getting the chance to be as close with you as i am now, me from a year ago never would have even dreamed of this dream coming true. you feel unreal but also so real at the same time.

thank you for always reading my work, helping me plan out new books, listening to whatever nonsense i'm going on about, and for always boosting my confidence. thank you for always texting me when i get excited and quadruple text you. thank you for listening to me go on about my life and seeming genuinely interested. i truly cannot express how much of an impact you've had on me, and i want you to know how much i care about you and will always have your back. you might annoy me (not really) at times with your endless pickle costume pictures and cheese hatred, but i love you all the same. i hope i don't annoy you too much either.

thank you for coming into my life. i am truly the luckiest person in the world.

i hope i haven't scared you off with all of this but i hope you get just as much kindness and love in return as you've given and i guess you are licensed to dill and it's because of you that i have that stupid pickle costume picture in my camera roll.

~your number one fan,

andy

anyway, i hope all of you enjoy the story!!