OC Information

Name: Jeannette Francis Gallagher

Aliases: Jean, Jeannie, Jeannie Gal, Ms. Gallagher, Miss Jeannie

Age: 21

Nationality: English/French

Marital Status: Single

Species: Human

Race: Caucasian

Relations: Jermaine Louis Gallagher (father), Carlotta LaBoutte (mother)

Home: John Sr. & Miss Sally's plantation in Georgia; Boston, Massachusetts (formerly), Paris, France (Birthplace)

Occupation: Maid for John Sr. and Miss Sally's main house

Allies: Johnny, Toby, Ginny Favers, John Sr., Miss Sally, Uncle Remus, Br'er Rabbit, Br'er Bear, Mr. Bluebird, Sis Possum, Br'er Frog, Sis Moles.

Enemies: Jake and Joe Favers, Miss Sally (formerly), Br'er Fox, Br'er Gator, Br'er Wolf

Likes: Ballet, drawing, singing, swimming, fishing, animals, playing with the children, listening to Uncle Remus' stories, taking walks through the woods, visiting Briar Country and the critters, flirting with Br'er Fox, dancing along to her mother's music box, speaking French.

Dislikes: Joe and Jake's bullying, Briar Country's predators attempting to kill her, being told she can't do what she wants to because she is a woman, racial and gender inequality, being judged for her unfeminine interests.

Appearance: slender young white woman, short blond hair (formerly long and tied back in a braid), blue eyes, wears a white blouse and skirt on the plantation, but switches to a red shirt and blue overalls when she visits Briar Country or does other manual labor.

Personality: hardworking, honest, shy, loyal, occasionally aggressive when provoked, adventurous, curious, sweet-natured, flirtatious (sometimes), ambitious, helpful.

Backstory:

● Born in Paris, France to wealthy Englishman Jermaine Gallagher, and well known French ballet dancer Carlotta LaBoutte.

● Lost her mother to a stage accident during a performance when she was five years old.

● Sent to finishing school in London, England by her father shortly after her mother's death.

● Her relationship with her father as a result became strained and she developed a hostile temperament towards him.

● Her father wants her to get married, but her tendency to violent outbursts when provoked scares away potential suitors. Dissatisfied and feeling trapped with her father's plans for her, she runs away and stows away on a ship heading to America when she is 18.

● Arrived in Boston, Massachusetts after a long ocean voyage

● Takes up a job on Boston Harbor as a seamstress for sailors.

● At 21, she loses her job when a male customer flirts inappropriately with her and she accidentally kills him by shoving him out the window of her workplace and into the harbor.

● Out of fear of going to jail for what she had done; she runs away and stows away on a cargo train heading for the southern United States.

● Arrives in Atlanta and learns about a plantation household needing a maid.

● At the plantation, is hired by Miss Sally to be tutor to her son Johnny.

● Through him, meets and befriends Ginny Favers, Toby, and Uncle Remus.

● Becomes enthralled with the latter's stories about the creatures of Briar Country.

● Owns a music box that she inherited from her late mother.

● Looks up to the late Abigail Adams and her beliefs in racial and gender equality.

● Dreams of one day becoming a famous ballet dancer like her late mother.

● Has her braid cut off in a fight with the Briar Country predators.

● First critters she meets are Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear. She views Br'er Bear as a surrogate father, while she and Br'er Fox have a love/hate relationship.

● Is good friends with Br'er Rabbit