Chapter 8: Aggression

I make my way into the house and shut the door behind me. I kick my shoes off and place them on the mat, pulling off my bag and hanging it on the end of the stair banister. I tug my sleeves over my hands as I walk into the kitchen, seeing Jeremy at the island with a plate in front of him. "Hey, long day?" He asks, picking up a chip and eating it. I nod and grab an apple from the bowl and take a knife from the holder so I can peel it. "A little. How was yours?" 

He glances over at the clock and replies, "Pretty good. Classes were a little slow per usual but nothing too terrible." I nod and finish peeling the apple, throwing away the peels. As I go to wash the knife, it slips from my hand and cuts my palm. "Damn it." I hiss, turning the cold water on high. Jeremy hops up from the island and examines my hand. "Let me go grab a bandage so you can wrap it." I glance up from my hand as he's looking at me. His eyes are a warm brown that doesn't leave mine until he walks away.

I rest my cut hand palm up on the edge of the sink and take a few deep breaths. It's not even about the pain, it's about how much blood is still coming from my hand. I run the cold water again and rinse the blood down the sink. "I got the bandage," Jeremy announces, coming back around the corner. I turn and hold my hand out, watching him carefully wrap my hand. "I'm gonna wrap it a little tight so it can stop the bleeding, okay?" "That's fine," I reply. I clench my jaw as the bandage rubs against my cut. Jeremy tucks the loose end of the fabric and glances up at me.

"How's that feel?" I squeeze my fingers and extend them, making sure I have full mobility. "Good, thank you." Jeremy nods, sticking his hands in his jeans and I glance over at his plate. He still has a few bites of a sandwich and some chips left. "I think I'll let you get back to your snack," I comment, nodding my head at his food. He chuckles and answers, "M'kay. Let me know if you need anything." I pick up my peeled apple from the side of the sink and walk to the stair banister, grabbing my bag from the post before I make my way up the stairs.

I take a bite of my apple as I throw my bag next to my bed before collapsing onto my beanbag chair. I can hear Elena's laugh from down the hall so I slip my headphones from my pocket and put them in my ears, blasting the last thing I was listening to. Even though the music doesn't match my mood at all, I turn it all the way up and start eating my apple as I scroll through Damon's

 text updates from the day.

Damon

Why are there so many people in such a small town?

It defeats the purpose of a small town 

Okay, I know you're in class but I wanted to let you know that you really don't 

need it in your future. If you really want to go to some fancy college, I can compel you

an acceptance and scholarships. Not that it's fair to anyone else but since it's you, I'd do it. ;)

One more thing, do you think I look better in a black leather jacket or just a black short-sleeved

t-shirt because I was thinking the jacket was the better option but I wear it a lot. 

Is more skin better or the tighter the better?

I'm in the back by the shipping docks. :)

I smile to myself before turning off my phone and leaning over to charge it. I finish my apple with three more bites and toss the core into my trash bin before getting up to change and get ready for bed. I pull off my shirt and jeans, standing in front of my dresser as I look for some pj's. I find some red and black flannel shorts and a black tank top. I pull them on and head over to the window seat to grab my bonnet. I open the door to the bathroom and tug the elastic out of my bun, letting my hair fall to my shoulders.