Another Meeting

Giana had been walking through the streets, trying to framilarize her new home. She had now taken to fidgeting with her shirt instead, but it really wasn't the same. Dressed in a long, blue, long-sleeved dress going down to her knees, her hair flowed behind her as she walked, her black flats making no noise.

Meanwhile, Christan had also been walking. He had on a similar outfit to the previous day. Not particularly having a destination, he made his way in the direction he'd seen the girl from yesterday go. It wasn't his intention to meet up with her again, but he still carried the locket with him regardless.

He had taken a liking to looking at it. So much so, that he pulled it out and was examining the initials once again before bumping into a figure.

"Hi!" Christan jumped to attention, noticing the girl from yesterday. "Wow, you're beautiful..." he whispered to himself, unaware the female across from his figure could still hear.

"Thanks?" She mumbled as a question. "Wait..." she looked at the chain with baited breath. "You have it! You have my locket." She sounded excited at first, then accusatory.

"I'm sorry, it fell when we met yesterday." Christan apologized. "Here, let me help you put it on," he chuckled, seeing her struggle for a moment. She nodded in thanks, holding her hair up. Slowly, Christan put the chain up to her neck, his hands brushing against her warm skin that was turning red with a blush. "So...I didn't catch your name yesterday. You were to busy dashing off like you were running from something," he let out a laugh at even the idea.

"Yeah," Giana let out a fake laugh with him. "And I'm Giana Jents," she introduced, "much like yesterday, it's a pleasure to meet you Christan."

"Pleasure is all mine." Almost on instinct, the male grabbed her hand and kissed it, making his body bow. "So what were you rushing about for before?"

"Oh nothing," Giana let out a quiet, anxious laugh. "Just going for a run. Something normal for me. I did it all the time in New York."

"That sounds like a tiring hobby," Christan spoke, his words coming out easily, but a little bit fast. "I mean fun, but also terribly boring. I mean...why am I still talking?" He asked himself in a whisper.

Giana only let out a small giggle, covering her mouth as she did. "That's cute..." She accidentally said out loud. "I mean...ummm...never mind." She smiled. "Anyways...I really appreciate you returning my locket, but I think I must be going now."

Christan realized she was right. It was beginning to turn to evening, as they'd both seemed to have departed from their houses at late afternoon. They were in the center of the village.

"It was very nice to officially meet you though." Giana nodded, waving as she departed.

"A very, very pleasant meeting indeed..." Christan whispered, slowly dragging himself back to his own home that he shared with his best friend. Instead of even saying hi, or stopping to mourn Satine at all, he went to his typewriter, and started his new writing piece. Once he had finished, he started to sing it out loud to himself. Nobody could have realized that Giana had the same words spiraling around her head as well once she returned home.

"A girl hiding in the mist," Christan started

"A man in sunlight" Giana continued.

"Who knew they could meet? We thought we did." They sang together now.

"Did we know?" Giana started it with Christan only joining towards the end.

Now the opposite started to occur, "I can't explain it. Only that it's good."

"Wait," Giana stood quickly from her spot on the bed. "No, because what's love got to do with it, right? My heart is," her voice was close to breaking into sobs at that point, "already breaking."

"No way," Christan took over. Instead of writing, he stood at his window. "My hearts already broken. What does love have to do with it? Why can't I seem to get that word out of my head? Love," he whispered that last word.

"Because my entire heart has split into pieces. Nobody changes it," Giana got out as a whisper sound, tears escaping her eyes.

"And the only person who can change it," they joined in together again. "Is you~Is," they both took a deep breath. Before whispering the last word. "You."

"I miss you Satine." Christan whispered, unknowingly staring into the direction that Giana lived in. The girl really reminded him of his first true love.

"I miss you all, especially you Percy," Giana mumbled, cradling herself under the moonlight. "I miss you so much." She felt her locket around her neck, and opened it. Out fell a piece of paper.

It read "Moulin Rouge theater invitation, and she saw a small note on the bottom. "From Christan, for tomorrow. Hope to see you there." She let out a small smile. This man truly reminded her of someone. More specifically, Jacob Reignee

"Maybe moving here was for the better," she whispered to herself as she fell asleep, hoping the next day would bring her more happiness then she'd felt in years.