Chapter 1

I was three years old when my little sister Dahlia was born. She was the most beautiful baby you'd ever seen. With her soft skin and pretty hazel colored eyes and red hair. I was so excited to meet and hold her, that I shook with excitement. Dad sat beside me on the sofa in mom's hospital room and helped me hold her. She was so sweet and quiet. I loved my little sister immediately. When she was old enough we would play,eat,study,sing, and fight together. Anything I did, Dahlia had to do it too. We've always had each other's backs. My parents died  when we were younger and young. My mother had died right after Dahlia's birth from complications and Dad died in the military.  Dahlia and I had been sent to live with our cousin Dakota Magnum and Uncle Tom. All three of us looked out for each other. I still look out for Dahlia and Dakota. Both girls are beautiful but I worried more about Dahlia than Dakota. Mainly because Dakota married her boyfriend right after college. Dahlia was different. She's beautiful, but particular and extremely shy. Many a guy has tried to ask her out but I usually found fault with them or Dahlia would intimidate them with her brains. In high school, Dahlia always hung out with me and my friends the hardy boys. She would flip flop between me and Dakota. Then one day we graduated from high school and she decided to become a singer. She has a beautiful voice but couldn't get anyone to give her a deal. When that didn't work out, she went to school to become a research assistant. It isn't something she just loves but then she wouldn't have met her soon to be husband.