Chapter Fourteen

Percy

Time flew, and before Percy knew it, it was already October. The past few weeks, he had to admit, were fun. The meaning of the word started to feel weird to him. He couldn't remember the last time he actually had fun. Because for the last six years he had been fighting to survive. Nevertheless, that was the life of a demigod right? Facing death was a normal Sunday activity for him before he went to Hogwarts. But now, he spent his days talking to Malfoy and his friends at the Pix, or hanging out with Valerie and Audrey in the common rooms. Percy almost forgot about his life back at New York; the gods, his mother, his friends back at camp. Especially Annabeth. He usually was too busy to think about her, but in those fleeting moments that he did, he didn't feel sad or confused; he felt angry.

Percy had not slept in two months, yet the last thing on his mind was sleep. He found it strange how he wasn't tired but he didn't pay that much mind into it. After all, he did need a break from the demigod dreams. Usually to pass the time during the night he read the books Valerie gave him, he was happy he could finally read believe it or not. His dyslexia was worse than most demigods, it made him feel stupid. Which was not a good feeling if you were dating a daughter of Athena.

However those nights when he wasn't reading he would sneak out of the castle and head to the training grounds. On a regular night he would train six or seven hours until he could see the sun coming up. Training kept his mind off things and killed time, that's all he wanted.

Harry

Harry woke up with the start of his alarm. The room was empty and the sun was beaming through the window. He looked to his right where Ron normally was but his bed was empty. Strange, he thought. Every day he had to wake up Ron because he was always late. Harry got ready for the day and went down to grab breakfast. The great hall was filled with students like every other morning. He searched the Gryffindor table for Hermione and Ron and sat down.

"I don't understand why you won't come with me!" Ron argued.

"I don't like parties Ron! Especially those" Hermione said as she put away her books.

"Um what exactly are you guys talking about?" Harry asked. Ron looked at him like he just acknowledged he was in the room.

"Malfoy's throwing a party for halloween and i'm not invited but you know who can get me invited?" He nudged at Hermione.

"I don't understand why you want to go to a party, especially his."

"Everybody and their mom is going! Even bloody Neville was invited."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "how do you even expect me to get us both an invite?"

Ron scoffed like the answer was obvious and pointed to the Slytherin table, where Percy Jackson was sitting.

"No! Are you mental?"

"You can just talk to him about getting all three of us invites" Ron explained.

"Ron I haven't talked to him since we tried giving him the Veritaserum, he made it perfectly clear he didn't want to talk to me again." She stormed off the room with Ron following behind her.

Harry felt uneasy sitting alone. Since Hermione and Ron got together, he left like he was third wheeling every time he was with them. He was happy for them of course, they were happy together, but it wasn't the same as it was before.

Soon after Harry was done eating he went to his first class of the day, divination.

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond!" Professor Trelawney said. She was holding a ball of glass across the room. Harry took a seat next to Neville Longbottom and tried to understand what Professor Trelawney was saying.