iii. dino nerd meets dino expert

☟"We find an ominous hallway that looks like it's from a sci-fi movie and decide to travel down it, alright then

"We find an ominous hallway that looks like it's from a sci-fi movie and decide to travel down it, alright then..."

Camille said nervously under beneath breath. The group stayed in a huddle, close to one another as they slowly walked through and into the hallway, the door behind them hissed shut with the only sounds being heard were their shoes squeaking against the floor and what sounded like a swishing noise of air coming through ventilation which was when Brooklynn took notice of another door, running towards it.

"Guys, come on," Kenji said in a hushed tone to the others as they all caught up to Brooklynn. Next to the large door was a pad built into the wall with a locked symbol on it. Brooklynn swiped her finger to the left across the screen as the light went from blue to green and the door hissed open revealing the complete opposite of the biome they were in before.

It was a lush green forest with trees ranging from different heights and instead of sand covering the ground it had solid dirt with small shrubs and ferns sprouting from the ground.

They all cautiously piled into the new environment with shock displayed on their faces as they gazed at the area.

"Guys, do you remember how, like, five seconds ago, we were in a desert?" Brooklynn said in a confused tone, Sammy adding on, "What the heck is this place?-"

Suddenly heavy thumps were heard as the ground beneath them shook with each thump.

Quick inhales and sharp gasps were sent around as they all moved their arms out for balance as the ground swayed, "No, it can't be.." Yasmina muttered nervously,

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that feels like a..." Sammy began, her words spaced out as they all watched a large foot step out from behind a tree, followed by a large grey snout with teeth piling over the edge of its bottom jaw.

"T-Rex..." Sammy finally got to finish the sentence before the T-Rex roared out, saliva flying through the air as its head shook towards the children.

They all broke out into a sprint but Yasmina stayed put, Sammy quickly slid back and grabbed Yasmina by the shoulder before Camille grabbed Sammy by the arm and pulled the girls along faster.