vi. concussions

☟"She's asleep

"She's asleep..."

Sammy gently whispered. The worried kids were all by Mae who was groaning in pain in her sleep due to her injury, it was getting worse by the second, Camille was instructed by Brooklynn to keep her arm resting in the pocket of her hoodie almost like a sling to stop the injury from worsening.

"The leaves we put over her wounds stopped the bleeding, but I don't know how long that's gonna last. We gotta do something...Camille's injury too-" Sammy spoke with a worried tone, her hand on top of Maes as comfort for the whining lady.

"Ben says Kash has a phone. Let's get it, call for help, and get out of here." Yasmina reasoned with her brows furrowed,

Darius spoke up, "But what about the dinosaurs?"

He said as everybody felt their stomachs churn. They all loved Darius dearly but the fact he cared more for the dinosaurs than the sake of their safety at the moment was painful to bear.

"Now that Mae's injured, if we all leave, who's gonna protect them?" Darius tried to suggest as they all shared glances with one another unable to communicate what they all wished to say to Darius.

"Darius, look at her. She needs help." Yasmina pointed down at Mae who continued groaning,

"Camille's arm is almost...bent...like a banana..." Ben motioned to the pale girl, her arm resting unnaturally.

"They need help, our only choice is that phone.." Yasmina frowned, Mae yelped out in pain,

"Those leaves aren't exactly sterile. We're running out of time. Let's split up and try to find Kash..." Ben suggested as he looked at the rest of the group,

Kenji lightly cleared his throat, "Huh, small problem. We don't know where he went..." A vibrant green light beaming beside them all made everybody look over before seeing BRADs beginning to scan around the area, Ben and Sammy lifted Mae and took her behind one of the larger rocks while the rest took cover behind another.

The two BRADs began to scan over every inch of the place as Ben and Sammy had to pull Mae closer to themselves after nearly being spotted but they were all in the clear, slowly waiting for them to pass before the scanning suddenly stopped.