viii. dirty work

☟"Out with the old, in with the cool

"Out with the old, in with the cool."

Kash said though his voice was muffled through the doors, Darius and Camille were able to slip from where they were put in a bedroom and roamed around the halls.

Darius pressed his ear to the door, listening to what Kash was saying on the phone,

"Yeah. The investors are coming? Nice! Listen, boss, Kashmeister is gonna blow their minds. I'm talking full-scale demonstration. They'll beg us to take their money...!" Darius and Camille shared a look, Darius pressing his ear against the door again,

"Six days?" Kash's voice echoed rather loudly this time, clearly getting closer to the door as Camille was hesitant to move Darius back a step.

"That's not a lot of time to get the biomes and dinos prepared. Yeah, no, I got this. The future of the company could not be in better hands..." They heard a phone beeping before suddenly the doors rattled after being hit on the opposite side, the two children looked at one another before sneaking down the hall.

They paused at the corner to peek around before spotting two BRADs coming up from a separate hall, they waited for them to continue walking up before moving to the elevator Darius spamming the button for the doors to open.

"Come on. Come on. Come on!" He whispered to himself, looking all around the halls as Camille tapped her foot on the floor before the doors hissed open, Camille yanked Darius inside as he pressed the button millions of times for the doors to close.

It only took a few more seconds before they reached the ground floor and began running to the front doors, Camille elbowed it open avoiding her injured arm, and the two ran away from the building but an explosion caught the two off guard, blowing just beneath their feet which pushed them through the air before they hit the ground.

"What the..." Camille wheezed, rolling onto her back after landing on her stomach with Darius beside her.

The two rubbed their eyes before seeing a large robot standing in front of them, it was nothing like the robots they had faced in seeing the way it wasn't on all four and the size difference was uncanny.