08| jealousy

Claudia

My eyes flutter open and the first thing I notice is how the sun shines so bright. I take a moment to stretch, as a yawn escapes my lips.  Today was the day, I remind myself. Today I will be moving out of my house for four whole months.

Suddenly, yesterday's events came crashing down. The argument I had tried avoiding all night, had happened

It's too early for this.

I massage my temples in attempt to calm myself down.

Breathe.

I don't know what it was, but I wasn't a fan of Liam's behavior lately. I then begin to remember everything that was said last night.

"I don't like him,"

"I don't like your stupid job, that requires you months of you dedicating yourself to someone else,"

I let out a sigh once as  those words rung in head once again.

"Wakey, wakey, Claud," Somebody enters my room. "What time is it?" I shift in the duvet, sitting upright as I rub my eyes. My curly hair that would usually be in a bonnet-- is all over the place. "It's almost 9, you have to get up,"

"I'm so lazy," I cry. "Well, you better not be. 'Cause this, this my friend is the beginning of your future,"

"You say that like you know what's going to happen, Mal," I roll my eyes. "I mean, unpredictability is the best right?"

I hum in response.

"Let me brush my teeth because I am starving," I remove the duvet from my body. "I'm going to need all the energy today,"

□□□

Using the little knowledge I have of driving, I park my car and surprisingly-- I do it perfectly. Well, almost.

Diane woke all of us up early so that we could go shopping. I'm not talking about about clothing shopping, oh no. Diane's aim was to buy the whole shop. Diane said my wardrobe was starting to get a little.. boring.

But before that we took a stop.

I use my keys to unlock the door and it opens. The house looks just as I left it. The only difference is that there was no Liam.  Thank God. I didn't want to argue.  I drop my keys on the counter and head straight to kitchen. "Anyone who wants breakfast? I've got ideas,"

"How about something sweet?"

"Got it," I say. I open my cupboard, reaching for my olive oil. Once the oil is my hands, I place it on the counter and light up the stove. "Claud, have you packed anything?" Diane asks once she's in the kitchen.

"Not really, since I haven't gone shopping yet," She smiles brightly. "Yay! Well that's good. You see? Listening to me is the best thing ever,"

I squint my eyes, "Uhm..."

"I don't know about that  but okay," I raise both my hands up in defense. "You better not mami, I'm my most fiery at these times," I chuckle, adding the bread that was covered in a mixture of coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract, placing it on the pan. It begins to cook and Diane speaks up again. "I see Mal finally brought someone over,"

"Oh yeah, Raya. I'm so happy for her.  Y'know. She deserves it,"

"Yeah, on the topic of that," I hum waiting for her to speak but Raya appears. A big grin is plastered on her face. "I can't-" She breathes. "I can't find your suitcase," she manages to say. "Oh, Mal knows where it is," I tell her whilst fliping the bread over. "Why are you so out of breath?" Diane asks. Typically going off topic, always letting her curiosity get the best of her. I would be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit curious though.