Prologue

A/N:

Hey everybody! I'm really excited to be back here and writing again, and all I can say is thank you so much for all your patience! A lot of stuff has happened throughout the past year, so I'm completely off schedule, but rest assured I will be back on track in no time!

Enjoy the new and improved Prologue, leave some feedback or drop a kudos and I'll be back next week with a new chapter!

Catch you on the flip side!

---

     The difference between a battlefield and a classroom was that mistakes in one meant lessons to treasure forever. Mistakes in another meant grief to strive to be rid of forever.

      "Order up!" called Jacob, whipping his wand out in a stabbing motion at an approaching Son. The Son crumpled to his knees, a gaping whole forming in his abdomen as blood poured down his torso.

      Corpses and wounded littered the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Any Son who strayed too close to the Great Lake was plucked off the shore and pulled into the gaping maw of the giant squid, Victoire.

      A crowd of Sons kept low to the ground as they dashed up the grounds of Hogwarts. Their destination was the large double doors leading into the dining hall of the small castle. Majority of their children were supposed to be there, held "hostage" by the numerous "incarnations" of Satan.

      The Sons of the Church was a religious group determined to save their youth from the horror of the witches. But when some of the youth turned to partake in witchery and disappear for months at a time (always in the fall, winter and spring months) before returning, they realized that their focus should have been much more homebound than previously. All Muggleborns, upon returning home, were either forced into an exorcism or disowned publicly by their family before withstanding lashes to their backs until they cried out the name of God.

      In the Sons of the Church's opinion, beating the magic out of their children worked very well.

      But then again, it might be simpler if there was no magic to have to beat out of the children.

      And so, the plan to eradicate the witches altogether was born. But now, problem after problem was arising. Mainly, their children fighting against them.

      "Jacob, my boy! Please, come home! Why must you attack your own?" cried out one Son, who had dropped his pitchfork and his torch, itching to tear off the emblem tying him to the Church if it meant his son would return.

      "I did not attack my own, nor do I ever plan to!" Jacob shouted back at his father, before making yet another stabbing motion in the direction of a nearing Son and stalking towards his father's tear-stained face. "I am defending them."

      Jacob whispered an incantation under his breath, and a jolt of electric green light burst from the tip of his wand and hitting his father's chest, the body crumpling to the ground in seconds.

      He stepped over the body and began to race towards the edge of the Great Lake. He had to find her. If he didn't, then nothing could prevent Professor Slytherin's rage.

      They didn't bury a single Muggle body that they found. They were all Vanished or burned. All the student's and teacher's bodies were collected and loaded onto stretchers to carry into the Forest, where they looked for a clearing to bury the bodies.

      Some of the students couldn't be identified. There was too much blood, too much scarring, too much disfigurement caused by the Sons of the Church on these young bodies. They did their best to clean the students, using quick cleaning spells to remove the blood and mending spells to fix the gashes in their robes.