8.

"We are continuing to look for the missing person, Ka'ior Amor; she is eighteen years old, five-one, with brown eyes. Ka'ior was last seen in her Jacksonville, Florida, apartment on March 6, 2022. She was last seen wearing a black shirt and gray shorts. From anonymous sources through the missing person's hotline, people have reported allegedly seeing her accompanied by an unknown male," the television blared throughout the room.

Horace's body filled with rage, and he quickly moved from the vicinity of our room. The door slammed, and I could hear his phone buzzing, indicating he was calling someone.

I quickly drew my attention back to the television as it panned to people who knew of me and my biological family.

It all looked like people I once knew; my biological family and I haven't talked in three years after they kicked me out and shunned me for a man.

A feeling of grief came over me, not about the shooting or being kidnapped but about having your own family turn on you for someone, let alone a man over your daughter.

I couldn't do anything but become furious. In a fit of rage, I threw the first thing I could see at the television: the remote. I watched the television grow different colors with lines striped up and down.

The phone finally connected for Horace as Kaior threw a fit of rage.

"Who has been making anonymous reports?" Horace angrily mumbled into the phone. He paused for a second, trying to listen to the other person speak.

"I don't give a fuck about what you're saying! Who said it?" He raised his mumble to a raised speaking tone.

"Varis find them before y'all both end up dead," he said, becoming more and more angry.
-
"My momma wants to meet you," he mumbled as he continued to eat his cereal and stared into my eye.

"What if she doesn't like me, baby?" I said as I looked up at his dark eyes and picked and fidgeted at my hands.

"She already loves you; she's the one who told me to go get you." He laughed strongly and smiled, showing all of his teeth.

"Now go get dressed, Kaior," he said, cutting the laughter short. I looked up at him, pushed my chair back, and quietly walked back to our joint room.
-
I was greeted at the door with nothing but love. His sister and mother waited at the door as Horace used his spare key to open it. I never realized how much they all looked alike. I walked over to give his mother and sister a hug.

Hours passed and I felt like I knew them forever. I sat down and helped take down his mother's braids. We talked about the trajectory of my life and how I planned to adjust to my new life.

I just sat and rubbed through her hair as she called Horace over. "I love her, I love her," she exclaimed, and I cracked a small smile and giggled as I looked at Horace.

"Ma, I told her that you would." He sillily kissed her cheek and kissed my forehead.

We slowly started to collect our things and say our goodbyes to his family, followed by my hugs and kisses. We locked the door behind us, and he rushed me to the car as I held my head down.

It's almost bittersweet; our actions prohibit us from living a normal life; I could never be seen by the public, and we can never be seen together.

I sat in the car as I dwelled on the connection I just had with his family, and I've never felt as welcomed and loved as I did now. We talked about marriage and children, which I wasn't too opposed to, just not right now due to our circumstances.

On the other side of being bittersweet, Horace tries to show his affection differently, leaving letters of him confessing his love to me around the room and the remainder of our home.
-
"Jacksonville Police Department" echoed loudly throughout our joint home.

My eyes widened as Horace jumped up from the bed as his security guards called his name as well. He quickly blurted out "hide" as he left our room and ran quickly downstairs.

"Jacksonville Police Department," they announced as they knocked loudly again. The muffled voice of one of Horace's security guards spoke.

"Hello, how can we help you today?" The guard said concisely as Horace walked down the second flight of stairs, slowly trying to hear the reason for their being here.

"Hey, we're here for a welfare check on Horace Walls?" Is he here to speak with us?" they said as they held onto their vests.

don't hurt me y'all lol i didn't know it was a year since i've updated, i have two more chapters that i'm working on currently- marrie
(what would y'all like to see more of?)