1

I was outside in the arena to practice my barrel racing when my dad came in with a big smile on his face. "What's got you smiling so big daddy?" I asked as I got off Mistery and walked over to him.

"Well I got you a job at my bosses ranch and he was wondering if you'll like to work their and also there's a surprise their", I nodded my head, "sure I'll take the job and what's the surprise?" He shook his head. "Can't tell you, it's a surprise", I sighed and shook my head before getting back on Mistery and went back to practice.

The next morning I was sitting in dad's truck and waiting for him to come out so we can get to his bosses house or well Hank was his name and he has a daughter, she just doesn't know about her father yet. "Come on!" I yelled as I honked dad's horn a couple of times before seeing him walk out of the house with a smile on his face and walking over to the truck.

He got in and started the truck up, "toke you long enough" I laughed and he laughed as well "oh and Jake is going to show you around and also theirs a horse their that has to be brought in so we'll need help". I nodded my head and we headed towards Hanks ranch.

When we got there I jumped out and went to the trailer. I opened up the trailer and Mistery ran out of the trailer towards a paddock, I ran after her with my harness in my hand and lead rope, "Dixie get back her!" Dad yelled as I kept running after her. People moved out of the way so they didn't get hurt or anything, "Mistery!" I yelled and was almost close but she jumped a fence and out into the mountains where it'll take a while for us to find her. "Dixie!" I stopped at the fence and hit it with my fist before I started to climb it.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull be off the fence and put me on the ground, where my dad came running to me and checked on me. "What on earth were you thinkin'?" Dad asked when he got to me and the person with his arms around me let me go before walking over to my father's side.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. Father came over to me and looked down at me, "we'll find her I promise" I nodded my head before running to the barn and grabbing a horse and saddling him up to find Mistery.

When I got him outside and got on everyone was looking at me, "what?" I asked and Hank came up to me "I can have my men help you-" I didn't let him finish and toke off to find my horse.

I was on a hill when I heard one sound that I knew all to well and turned the stallion in that direction. When we got their she was pawing at the ground and looked at me before running over to me, "what is it girl?" I asked and listened but didn't hear anything around me. I looked back at her and kissed her forehead where a small patch of white was. "Come on let's get you and her home" I turned around to see my father on foot and the boy from earlier on a horse.

I nodded my head before hopping on Mistery and turning back to the ranch.

We finally got back and I saw barrels put up in one of the pens. I turned towards father and he nodded his head to let me now that I can do it bare back but to be careful. I nodded back and turned Mistery towards the pen and got in.

I toke a deep breath while Mistery got into a trott getting ready to take off running and give it her all. We went around the first one with no mistakes and then the second one. When we got to the third one, Mistery's head touched the barrel but it didn't tip over and stayed where it belonged, we then kicked it all the way home and I stopped her before turning to my father who had a stop watch in his hand and a big smile on his face. "What time?" I asked and he ran up to me and showed me the stop watch that held, "14.2" seconds.

I jumped off Mistery and did a happy dance before hugging her around her neck. She was as happy as me and I can't blame her, all the girls do reining but me, but I don't care I do what I love and live for. And that's barrel racing and doing the ranch life just like my daddy.

Eveyone clapped and I turned to everyone "sorry for earlier that was a bad first day here" everyone laughed or chuclked. I smiled and Hank came over with the same boy 'I swear I'll shoot my head off if I see that boy one more time and don't know his name' I thought to myself and raised a brow "this is Jake, the one who's been helping your dad ever since you got here" I nodded my head before we all turned at the sound of gravel and a truck.

"This should be fun" Jake and Hank turned to me and my dad. Dad shook his head "let her deal with this girl" they both nodded their heads while HD and Amy got out of the truck. "Well look what we have here daddy?" Amy said and HD turned to face me with a apology look, HD doesn't like how his daughter is but can't do anything about it and when it comes to me he feels bad and even knows what I'll do if she doesn't shut her tramp. "It's the munt who barrel races instead of doing reining like the rest of us" she smirked and walked up to me while HD walked up to my dad and Hank.

When she got to me she hit my hat off my head "you don't deserve that" she spat at me and that's when I broke for the first time at her. Sure I've given her a couple of bruises and stuff like that but this was going to be different. "Bad choice city girl" she raised a brow with an smirk, I grabbed her by her hair and dragged her to a pen "have fun" was all I said before throwing her in a pile of horse manure. "Next time don't say I don't deserve my hat when I've worked for it and two don't touch it ever again you city girl!" I yelled and picked my hat up before putting it back on my head after I dusted it off.

She got up and looked at her outfit "my outfit is ruined thanks to you!" She screamed and looked at her dad "daddy I want a whole knew outfit just like this one" she said as she stood up. I looked over and HD who had a look saying if he should or shouldn't, I sighed "get it yourself you selfish brat" she looked shocked that her own dad just said that and stood up "but I want it to look new!" She cryed and HD grabbed her by her upper arm and put her in the back seat of the truck before turning towards us. "I'm really sorry for that and I don't think she'll change" I shook my head "a girl like that never changes unless she wants to".

He nodded his head before going to his truck and getting in. "Well let's have a bornfire to night and get to work" everyone nodded and we started to work.

I've gotten better so I thought why not work on this since I've seen all Flicka movies my whole life even when I was in my moms tummy. I might be 15 but I will still watch child hood moves without feeling embarrassed about or anything. But have a great day my Wild Horses!