𝟎𝟗

✿✿✿

✿✿✿

"Nari?"

She groaned while still captured in sleepy catatonia, her eyes flickering wildly behind her closed lids but remaining clamped shut.

"No...go away, dad."

She wanted to tell whoever it was, unaware in her sleep she had assumed it was her father, to please leave her the hell alone. Then, though, that would mean she would wake up more than she already had and that was not something she wanted. Not while having such a strange dream about handsome and criminally sexy gothic vampires with freaky sadistic tendencies and private jets.

"Nari, come along now. It's time to wake up sweetheart."

Sweetheart? Who the hell was that and why did they have the audacity to be so flirty with her?

It felt like her eyes were glued shut and when she could finally achieve the arduous and hard accomplishment of prying them open go drink in her surroundings, she was sure she was still dreaming.

She was in a fancy pants car, not the plane–and it wasn't just any car either. Like the private jet it was obnoxiously baroque. There were plush cream leather seats, one of which she had been having a long and deep sleep in, and the things surrounding her were very high tech...too high tech to belong in a normal car. It was much too elaborate to be conjured up in her sleep, too.

Resting in the other three seats were the kings, as real and solid and present as she was. Right. So not a weird, weed induced dream about some ethereally hot men then. She kept forgetting that.

Marcus was next to her with a book drooped in his hands at her awakening. Persuasion, she noted in no great deal of surprise. Marcus as a Jane Austen fan made too much sense, he was the obvious romantic type.

He watched her observe where she was in enamoured fascination, closing the book and delirious from sleep she smiled at him, her heart nearly bursting when he mirrored her small show of affection. It should actually be an arrestable offense for someone to be so exquisitely attractive.

She turned her head marginally to see who was across from Marcus. Aro sat formally there in all of his elegance, treating the seat as some kind of throne. He met her smile with an enthusiastic one, all of his teeth displayed in their pearlescent glory and it only grew concerningly larger when she giggled...he even giggled back, with a hell of a lot of mania added to it, of course.

Christ, she must have been exhausted and delirious to be so cozy with them, but sleep was leaving her and quickly she realized something. If those two were not in front of her then–oh. Oh no.

Alertly, she whipped her head in the direction of the seat directly adjacent from hers, her neck cricking and releasing the tension her sleep had caused in a series of awful sounding cracks, and felt her fluttering and betraying heart drop into her stomach.