three, "persistent guy"

.·:*¨༺UNLUCKY༻¨*:·.
—act one, maneater

*ੈ✩‧₊˚august eighth, 1983

THE MOVIE WAS PRETTY
ENJOYABLE if you forget about jack constantly trying to make moves on chloe. chloe once even saw samantha roll her eyes and mutter "i'm to sober for this shit." chloe almost said "amen."

jack wasn't undesirable—per say, he just was persistent.

he was constantly whisper-flirting with chloe & trying to grab her hand.

she told him "no" one to many times before excusing herself to go to the bathroom.

she walked in and sighed. glancing in the mirror.

"are you okay?" a girl with fluffy blonde hair asked her. chloe jumped. she did not see her there.

the had a black leather jacket on, with a purple top and light washed jean shorts. she wore a long pendant necklace and some round sunglasses on her head.

she shrugged. "persistent guy. can't take a no."

the girl smiled. "bing! bing! bing! red flag."

chloe laughed as she inspected her own appearance.

"sometimes guys are just so... undesirable." the girl said, while fluffing her big, blonde hair.

"i agree," chloe started. "like they just infuriate me sometimes!"

the girl smiled.

"i'm harley. harley munson."

the way the girl was so friendly to her was... refreshing. sure, she had just made friends with carol, sam, tommy, and steve, but it wasn't the same. harley felt more genuine. chloe knew that they were definitely going to be friends.

"i'm chloe." harley turned off the faucet and began to grab a paper towel to dry her hands off.

"you're new to hawkins i assume?" she asked, turning back to face chloe. chloe nodded.

"welcome to hell. this town is boring as fuck. nothing ever happens here."

chloe laughs. "really? nothing at all?" harley smiled and stepped closer to the fake dirty blonde girl. chloe's cheeks began to heat up.

maybe they were supposed to be... more than friends?

"nah. sometimes i wish the lab down the street would like accidentally open a portal to another land or some shit." she joked. they both laughed.

"that's some comic book shit right there." chloe added on. harley smiled and moved closer to the girl. chloe held her breath.

"i'm so happy we met, chloe..." she started but was interrupted by the opening of the bathroom door.

both girls took a step away from each other, with looks on their faces like they just got caught not doing their homework.

"chloe! there you are. are you okay?" carol asked, looking at chloe worriedly.

she could hear harley mutter an "of course" under her breath.

"o-oh yeah. i'm fine. just had to pee. um, and made a new friend i guess!" carol glared at harley.

"wonderful. now let's go! the movies over soon." carol replied quickly, grabbing her hand.

"always a pleasure, perkins!" harley hollered as the girls exited the bathroom. carol rolled her eyes.

"uhg. stay away from her. her and her brother are crazy! their like in this cult or something and she also like tried to date me. " she huffed.

chloe nodded slowly. she could hear harley's voice in the black of her head; "bing! bing! bing! red flag."

"okay, sorry. didn't know." she said pretty sarcastically. carol didn't seem to notice and dragged her back into the theater.

carol sat down next to tommy in the back row where they began to make out. gross.

there were two seats that chloe could sit in. the one by jack, or an open one by steve.

she sat down next to steve, obviously.

"hey, are you okay?" steve whispered to her. she nodded. steve ran his hand through his hair, gently.

"he's persistent." she stated. steve scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"he's an ass."

chloe laughed softly, glancing over at steve, who was looking at her. "just be careful, alright?" he said softly.

she smiled. he cared.

steve harrington was something else.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

THE REST OF THE MOVIE was spent joking around with steve, often earning the pair a loud "shh" sound from the old couple in front of them.

it was safe to stay chloe thought steve was hilarious. he definitely tried to be funny, but the funniest moments were when he just made a stupid comment.

"i have no idea what was happening in that movie." he whispered as they walked out of the theater. chloe nodded.

"it's because you're distracting."

he opened held the door open for her. she looked up at him and smiled. a singular strand of his perfect hair fell down and he brushed it back, swiftly.

god, he was perfect.

chloe shook her head at that thought. she didn't see him that way. she didn't want to see him that way.

chloe eve james swore to herself, one night, in the midst of drunken tears, never to love anyone ever again, and that's what she vowed to do.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

sorry for this one you guys... season one starting soon!!

—823 words