(Extra Chapters) Katlyn's Experiences: The Lab

I was one year old when the lab kidnapped me. They told my mother that I had died in a car accident while they told me that my mother died in a car accident. When I was 5-years old, I was actually able to be tested on. My favorite thing to do at the lab was play in the rainbow room. A man that Papa called 'Peter' would sometimes play Chess with me in the rainbow room. He was nice. The first time that Peter taught me to play chess, I was almost 5-years old.

"Do you understand?" Peter asked.

I nodded.

"Okay, now are you ready for your first game?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

Then we started playing. I was never very liked by the other people at the lab. They considered me 'a waste of time.' I just ignored it. I didn't think that I needed to be liked by them. Peter was my only friend at the lab and I was okay with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, when I was seven, I was playing with 011. She was a new girl at the lab. She couldn't talk yet, but she was fun to play with. Papa walked into the room. We all walked up to him and stood in a line.

"Hello children." Papa said.

"Hello Papa." We all said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was playing Chess with Peter as an alarm went off.

Peter looked at me. "Now's your time to escape. Do you know who your mother is?"

I shook my head. "Papa told me she was dead."

"And Papa doesn't always tell the truth." Peter said as he handed me a piece of paper with an address and name written on it. "Go to that address. You will find your mother there."

"What about you?" I asked.

"I will be fine." He said. "Now, go! Get out of here!"

I ran out of the rainbow room and saw a bunch of guards running towards me. I snapped all of their necks with my mind, causing me to go weak but I still kept running. I ran down the halls until I found some sort of elevator. I clicked the button and saw Papa run into the hallway.

"Seventeen.. Where are you going?" Papa asked.

"Home." I said as I pulled a door off of it's hinges with my mind and threw it at him.

The elevator then opened and I ran into it. I clicked the button to go up and before Papa could get in, the doors closed. I stood there as I silently went up the elevator. Then, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. I walked through and looked at all of the tall people walking around. One of the people in a doctor suit walked up to me and picked up my wrist, revealing my tattoo with the number '017' on it.

"You're coming with me." The man said.

"No!" I screamed.

Then I snapped his neck with my mind and ran out of the building. It was bright. I hadn't seen the sun ever and this was the first time. I ran over to the gate and used my mind to open it. Then I took the paper out and looked at the address. I started walking through the woods to get to the address.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I reached the end of the forest, I found a road. I walked up the road until I found houses. None of them had the address I was looking for. I ended up finding myself in the middle of town. I kept walking down the middle of the road, hoping to find my mother, but there was no luck. Then I heard a police siren behind me, which made me flinch. A man got out of the car.

"Hey, kid." He said. "Do you know where your parents are?"

I didn't say anything. He picked me up and put me in the passenger seat of his car. He was the chief of police. I was barely tall enough to see out of the window. I watched the people as we drove to the police station.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in the man's office as I watched the TV. There was a girl on it.

"Pretty." I said.

"Attention, Hawkins residents." The girl on the TV said. "Our police chief, Jim Hopper, has found a child in the middle of the street earlier today and we have found no luck as of regarding who their parents are."

A photo of me showed up on the screen. I tilted my head as I looked at it.

"If you are this child's guardian, please report to the police station." The girl said.

I turned off the TV with my mind and got off of the chair I was sitting on and walked out of the room. I walked through the police station and the people sitting in chairs looked at me. I smelt food coming from a room and I walked into it. There was a lady there. She was a pretty lady.

She looked at me. "Why, hello there! What's your name?"

I pointed to my chest. "Seventeen."

"Well, Seventeen, let's get you some food. You look hungry." The lady said.

She was nice. She grabbed a donut and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said as I walked out of the room and walked into the lobby.

I ate the donut as I looked out of the window and watched people walk by.

The man that's name must've been Jim, came into the lobby looking for me. "Oh! There you are! What are you doing here?"

"People." I said, pointing out the window.

"Yes, those are people." The man said.

Then a lady with brown hair came through the door. "Hopper! Where's the girl? I need to see her."

I waved at her and the man looked at her. "She's right here."

The girl looked at me and bent down to my height. "Hello there! My name is Joyce, what's your name?"

I got the paper that Peter gave me out and looked at the name he wrote down. It said 'Joyce (Seventeen's mom)'. I handed the paper to the lady. She read it.

"Katlyn?" She asked.

I hugged her and she took me home.